Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Star In Brothel Bust

YuanZhideDiZhen,

I understand, that's why the shaolins got burned down played out by the trusted monk ho tured bad. or the 13th deciple who got his master crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    YuanZhideDiZhen,

the trusted monk ho tu red, bad. or the 13th deciple who got his master crucified.
    politics? religion? one and the same!

that's why we need to separarte church from state. dong ma?

knew there was a twist to this thing.

found out that Xian Gao states that he was subletting the back of his studio to "Massage therapists". He was unaware of the Prostitution since it occurred after school hours.

its a shame though if its true

He is unable to get bailed out ($125,000?) due to not being a US citizen

You see what happens when a school doesn't put up a "Sun Toi or Day Ju or even to get the school blessed

if he's innocent hope it turns out okay for him. He's actually a very good instructor.

peace

Just some clarifications and stuff

Hello everybody...

My name is Ken, and I've been a student of Gao Xian for about a little over 4 years. I just happened to come across this post, and give a little perspective on things.

First of all, it is true that he was subletting the place for the "massage therapists". What they did there, I don't know, as I mainly trained at the Manhattan and Flushing locations,though I've been to the Port Jefferson location a number of times... I didn't see anything terribly incriminating, but I leave that for the police and judge to decide in November for the trial. In any case, all of the alleged activities did indeed happen after school hours, contrary to anything the local NY and the chinese media might have said. The schools, and the training, was not a front... it is a valid operation and a geniune wushu training place. Any that have doubts about this are more than welcome to come and watch.
    After all, newspapers need big headlines to sell copies... not everything that is in print is necessarily true.

Secondly, the bail was probably more like $12,500 and not $125,000 as posted... He has been out of bail for quite sometime, quite soon after his arrest. Also, he's been a US Citizen for over a year now (We were all so proud of him when he finally got it... the citizenship exam is pretty tough nowadays.) He's been present for some of the training sessions from time to time.

I just also wanted to let everyone know about our school and how it's affected us. We're spread out in a number of little training locations throughout the NYC and Long Island areas, yet we're all a rather tight knit group. Like many other kung fu groups, we're like family, and treat each other accordingly, with great camaraderie. This has shaken our school, and we've lost a sizeable number of students (understandably so, given the nature of the charges). The students that remain still support Gao, (whose been also understandably depressed and saddened by the whole thing), whether innocent or guilty. I've been to China with him, I've met his family, and am good friends with his daughter. Good people, all of them, and it'd been the toughest on them.

Innocent till proven guilty. And, I guess, let the chips fall where they may.

Thank you for reading and listening. As always, train hard, and train well.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei
    knew there was a twist to this thing.

found out that Xian Gao states that he was subletting the back of his studio to "Massage therapists". He was unaware of the Prostitution since it occurred after school hours.

its a shame though if its true

He is unable to get bailed out ($125,000?) due to not being a US citizen

You see what happens when a school doesn't put up a "Sun Toi or Day Ju or even to get the school blessed

if he's innocent hope it turns out okay for him. He's actually a very good instructor.

peace
    Last edited by Gentle Warrior; 11-03-2005 at 11:56 PM.

Didnt go through the whole thread, but just wanted to add that down here prostitution isnt illegal, its the gains made from prostitution by another person, which is illegal.
    Meaning you cant pimp so to speak, or have a woman work for you, but you could rent out a room to her and she could do whatever she wants make as much as she wants but you dont get any profit. This is done so that you arent forcing her to raise productivity.
    Isnt the law similar in the usa ?
    Ken its quite sad so many students left the school over something like this, as you said innocent until proven guilty.

A massage parlor was actually a front for prostitution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Fei Hong
    Didnt go through the whole thread, but just wanted to add that down here prostitution isnt illegal, its the gains made from prostitution by another person, which is illegal.
    Meaning you cant pimp so to speak, or have a woman work for you, but you could rent out a room to her and she could do whatever she wants make as much as she wants but you dont get any profit. This is done so that you arent forcing her to raise productivity.
    Isnt the law similar in the usa ?
    Ken its quite sad so many students left the school over something like this, as you said innocent until proven guilty.
    No, in terms of the law, it isn't similar. The USA is far more conservative than most other countries regarding prostitution. The defense regarding the subletting situation does not automatically put my Sifu off the hook. The penalties for the charges range from a Class B Misdemeanor to a Class C or B Felony, meaning anything from a small-to-medium fine to 7 years in prison.

On a cynical note, it's an election year for a number of smaller officials in the Long Island area. There's been a sort of dragnet against massage parlors throughout the area the past few months, from what I've been told. It's far easier to attack these static places and claim victory against crime than to target thieves, drug dealers, or serial killers, who'd be considerably more difficult to apprehend.

I don't begrudge the students leaving... if I was a parent or a conservative thinking person, I'd also have second thoughts initially regarding retaining membership in the academy. But Gao and his academy has been good to me, introducing me to TCMA and rekindling an interest in me in all things athletic and martial... and so I choose to stay, for now. Perhaps, when this all comes to whatever conclusion ensues, people will have a better hold on the decision to rejoin or not.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Lek
    Now, seeing as your last question is hypothetical, then let's say my hypothetical answer to it assumes that being a hooker is a career choice that is sound, profitable, safe, legal etc etc. And considering the fact that she is 18 years old, I would have to accept her decision. She may be my daughter, but I don't own her I don't own her victories or failures. She owns that decision. If it doesn't work out, I am there to help. It's perspective.
    you sir do not have a daughter.

i don't disagree with your main point, but id bet 500 bucks (ok 200) that you do not have a daughter.

and a son doesnt count. a boy can turn out tricks all day long, even gay tricks, its still not the same as your little girl. maybe the gay tricks would be pretty close, but id still say your little girl becoming a ***** would be worse.
    where's my beer?

News

Trial delayed until January.

Ok, enough time should have elapsed. What are the results?

The trial finally happened around the middle of this year...

Basically, Gao had his charges dismissed. Not enough evidence, or improper collection of evidence probably.

He lost quite a number of students between his arrest and his trial, but from I hear, things are slowly picking up again.

I myself have since left the school to go into Filipino martial arts, but I still keep in touch with people still within his school. I kind of miss all the forms, but my knees can't take such low stances any more.
    Last edited by Gentle Warrior; 10-09-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks for the information Gentle Warrior. It's good to hear everything turned out ok. It's a shame students would leave him over that. It's foolish to leave a skilled sifu, that treats you well, over such matters.
    Last edited by The Xia; 10-09-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Imo, prostitution should be legalized and regulated.
    David Jameson

Im sure that the thousands of south asian / south east asian girls who have been tricked, lied to, trafficked, 'groomed' and sold into sexual slavery would have something to say about this.

Prostitution is WRONG. It makes me very sad to think that girls, some as young as 8 years old, are trapped into this business with no way out. If this isnt bad enough, most are forced by their brothel owner to pay back the money that was charged when the traffickers sold them to the brothel. It takes years to pay back this price, many never do. If you agree with this, then you agree with slavery.

Prostitution is a DARK BUSINESS. Even the 'pretty girls' who are lucky enough to spend their days as 'hotel room service' for japanese business men are trapped.
    Legalising and regulating it just wouldnt work, there are too many dark areas. Child prostitution would still run riot, and the governments would ignore it due to it being a major revenue for the country (thailand is a great example of this). Theres never a shortage or people wanting preteen, innocent virgin sex......go regulate that!

Evil cannot be tamed.

kind regards
    craig
    Last edited by monkeyfoot; 10-10-2006 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Ben-

You have a suprisingly negative view of something you likely know little about?

How many prostitutes do you actually know?

I know a few. And yes, some are there vis a vis desperate acts in desperate times, but there are many more layers to that onion than the surface that you speak of. I've worked in clubs, I've known quite a few girls who use the trade as a ways and means of getting finances.

There are girls in dance clubs who strip and are prostitutes on the side. they are in it for the money. the money can be outstanding. I would also say there are some in it who are mentally unstable and unable to forge a different life for themselves. Does this mean we should deny them the mechanism of survival regardless of how we may view it from or p.o.v moralistically?
    So DJ...if a child is prostituted by her step-father when he/she is 10 years old, grows up mentally unstable and can only think of continuing to turn tricks for money since they were unable to educate themselves due to that instability, we should simply sit back and allow her to do so?

I do agree that there are probably a good amount of women in the industry that WANT to be in it...but that doesn't change the nature of what the industry itself represents.

There is something inherently wrong with a man thinking he can pay to OWN a woman for a certain amount of time. It amounts to a form of slavery and yet our society blames the prostitutes for causing problems instead of the johns or the pimps. Pimps torture, rape, even kill those that work for them yet our culture glorifies them and the masses eat it up.

I have been involved with Anti-Human Trafficking efforts and have gained knowledge of and seen things which make it a joke that we call ourselves civilized. Slavery in any form is not justified.

Prostitutes are victims and should be treated as such. Skills training for different jobs, detox/rehab, etc, should be provided to those who desire it. True, you can't change everyone, but if you can help even one person, the world is better off.

http://www.polarisproject.org