Thread: Question for 8 Step people

Question Question for 8 Step people

Does anyone have a pic of the weapon GM Wei Xiao Tang used to fight the Koreans??? I think its called Reaching the sky palm??? Any pic, info, or drawing would be really appreaciated.
    Thanks
    LCP

Here is an excerpt from an article i translated for an English magazine in Taiwan.
    I posted it here in 01-06-2003 06:12 AM.
    The original writer was Wei's long time student and class leader for many years Zuo Xienfu.

"...On hearing these words from Feng Huanyi, master Wei came to a realization and respectfully honored Feng Huanyi as his shrfu.
    After 4 years of bitter practice master Wei attained the essence of 8 Step PM.
    He was 20 years old.

At this time he was invited to Fushan county to be a MA coach.
    At 23 he was posted in the military as a MA instructor.

In 1931 master Wei took a pleasure trip to Korea.
    Several of his Chinese friends in Korea knew that he was a MA instructor and would get up early in the morning with him to practice kung fu and chat.

One day, his friend Tsuei, who managed a restaurant, ran into some serious business trouble.
    He was being chased and beaten by 4 or 5 Koreans.

He ran to master Wei crying out," The Koreans are beating me with sticks!"
    As master Wei ran forward he shouted out to the Koreans," Don't strike! Don't strike!" Trying to stop the Koreans from using their sticks.

Unfortuneatly they didn't speak master Wei's Shandong dialect.
    They could only understand that master Wei and Tsuei where friends...so they hit them both!

Master Wei and all his friends had no choice but to run back to Tsuei's restaurant and hide.

The Koreans wouldn't give up so easily and used their sticks to smash through the windows and jump in.
    Master Wei and his friends wouldn't survive in there so they escaped through the back door.
    The Koreans quickly gave chase with shouts of death.

At this point he realized that he'd be beaten to death if he didn't fight back.
    As he ran he pulled out from inside his jacket a weapon unique to 8 Step PM, "Reach to Sky Palm", and attached it to his hand..."

It is probably not a special weapon. Just soemthing he picked up on the street or something on his person like a ring.
    What it is that he actually used has been debated a bit before.
    Paul Lin had the best explanation which he got from his father.
    It is somwhere in the archives.

Kevin

Talking

The story told to me by Shyun one night at dinner was the same however embelished a bit to....... a mob of angry koreans......... and a death or 2

however the story goes..... the weapon was explained that it has a ring which swivels and fit onto the middle finger and with the fist clenched the one end had a point, the other end a flat angle. this allowed you to strike with either end or switch the ends and inflict different injuries depending wich end you used. be well and please dont use this in a fight.. and dont try this at home he was a professional.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Sounds like omei daggers to me. Ussually used in pairs. Have also heard them called double needles.