Thread: resting day nutricion - Tips? Ideas?

resting day nutricion - Tips? Ideas?

hey guys... consider this...

workout: 6 times a week
    objective: incrise muscle mass and decrese body fat

Answer please:
    On the 7th day, the resting, should one eat:
    a) the same as the other days
    b) more than the other days - what type o of food more?
    c) less than the other days - what type of food less?

Helps apreciated
    Thanx in advance

ah yes...
    before you ask

I do have my fingers crossed right now
    Hoping that someone will come in and post saying its important and scientificly comproved that one have to eat more on rest day
    Just so I can eat more
    Cos I'm hungry today, people

Personally I'd use it as an 'off' day. Just pig out (but on fairly healthy things if poss).

If you're in reasonable shape already, have one goal at a time - increase muscle mass, or decrease fat. Not both at the same time. You'll progress quicker that way. So while you're trying to pack on some muscle enjoy your day off and eat what you like. You'll need to eat more on your training days too.

When you're trying to lose the fat just eat normally on the rest day and rest well.
    ________
    Michigan Marijuana Dispensary
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Good advice from Stubbs. And Marcos, if you're hungry, by all means EAT.

While we're on the topic of nutrition i just want to hijack this thread and state that tuna snack packs at a buck apiece are the greatest thing that ever happened to my diet.
    they may seem pricey, but i'm always up for them and they run way less than it costs to order out.
    the mayo may seem a bit unhealthy, but the nutrition info on the back of the package is pretty well acceptable.

o and on cheat days I try to stay away from cheese; too much sugar; greasy foods; "white" carbs (at least within reason); and working on phasing out red meat.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting