Thread: School in Philly/South Jersey Area

School in Philly/South Jersey Area

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a Wing Chun School in the Phiily/South Jersey area.

One that is reputable and good.

Marc

Check out Sifu Keith Mazza's school in Mount Laurel, NJ. I can personally tell you it is excellent.

http://www.traditionalwingchun.com/
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

wck school

There are no wck schools in s. jersey that I know of ,but in philly there is shing73 school I believe.Pm him for info on that.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Contact Pete Pajil @ (215) 238-9066

Of course, no school can be all things to all people. However, I doubt you would be disappointed with the skill of my SiHing and the quality of the instruction at his school. He certainly should be able to give you a good taste of Ving Tsun Paai Kung Fu.

DISCLAIMER: My reply is a SHAMELESS PLUG.
    (Hey, at least I'm honest about it. )
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a Wing Chun School in the Phiily/South Jersey area.

One that is reputable and good.

Marc
    There is a WC school on 9th and Arch Streets in Philly Chinatown. You have to pay attention to the buildings though because the sign is actually handwritten. And they charge $150 a month. I'm not quite sure how much they want up front... You should check out Phuoc Phan's school on 7th and Chestnut first. A lot of the Chinatown guys quit their schools and end up joining his anyway. There is also Cheung's Hung gar, but he yells at his students, and sometimes abuses them physically. Not a particularly bad thing, but Americans are quick to the law suits. Those last 2 schools aren't WC, but Philly is limited in terms of Kung Fu. And those 3 schools are reputable.
    Punching is loving.

Quote Originally Posted by g0pher
    There is a WC school on 9th and Arch Streets in Philly Chinatown. You have to pay attention to the buildings though because the sign is actually handwritten. And they charge $150 a month. I'm not quite sure how much they want up front... You should check out Phuoc Phan's school on 7th and Chestnut first. A lot of the Chinatown guys quit their schools and end up joining his anyway. There is also Cheung's Hung gar, but he yells at his students, and sometimes abuses them physically. Not a particularly bad thing, but Americans are quick to the law suits. Those last 2 schools aren't WC, but Philly is limited in terms of Kung Fu. And those 3 schools are reputable.

Hi gOpher,

I see you practice Spirit Fist, is that Seven Mountains Spirit Fist, I belive on around 16th and Sansom?

Tell me about Seven Mountains Spirit Fist in referance to being a true fighting art.

Marc

Greetings Marc,

Yes, I am a Seven Mountain Spirit Fist practitioner. The school was on 10th and Samsom about 5 or 6 years ago, but it has now relocated to 7th and chestnut streets.
    You can check out our website at http://www.sevenmountainskungfu.com/ for articles featuring our teacher in Inside KFM. He's a truly remarkable man teaching a remarkable art. The art was shaped by the Esoteric Taoists, and cultivated in the Burmese Buddhist school of mystical martial art. The art pre-dates DaMo himself. And not to mention our lineage contains that of the famous Shaolin White Crane School. The only place you can learn the history of our art is in our school though. Prior to the Vietnam war training in Spirit fist was very selective, and even those who left Vietnam with the system refuse to teach it. Many of them believe it is unfit for westerners. Even in Philly Chinatown the merchants told Phuoc Phan that he could not teach the Spirit Fist system to westerners. But he did so anyway, and has produced some fine students. It is one of the two ancient arts that has made its way to the United States (to my knowledge). The other is Buddha fist, the Thai version of Spirit Fist, which I believe is taught in Long Island, New York. That is enough talk. Stop in for class, and see it for yourself.
    Punching is loving.

Quote Originally Posted by g0pher
    Greetings Marc,

Yes, I am a Seven Mountain Spirit Fist practitioner. The school was on 10th and Samsom about 5 or 6 years ago, but it has now relocated to 7th and chestnut streets.
    You can check out our website at http://www.sevenmountainskungfu.com/ for articles featuring our teacher in Inside KFM. He's a truly remarkable man teaching a remarkable art. The art was shaped by the Esoteric Taoists, and cultivated in the Burmese Buddhist school of mystical martial art. The art pre-dates DaMo himself. And not to mention our lineage contains that of the famous Shaolin White Crane School. The only place you can learn the history of our art is in our school though. Prior to the Vietnam war training in Spirit fist was very selective, and even those who left Vietnam with the system refuse to teach it. Many of them believe it is unfit for westerners. Even in Philly Chinatown the merchants told Phuoc Phan that he could not teach the Spirit Fist system to westerners. But he did so anyway, and has produced some fine students. It is one of the two ancient arts that has made its way to the United States (to my knowledge). The other is Buddha fist, the Thai version of Spirit Fist, which I believe is taught in Long Island, New York. That is enough talk. Stop in for class, and see it for yourself.
    Thanks,

Will check out the class.

Does he teach the true martial aspect of the art?

Or is it just a bunch of forms with no real application?

I heard great things about Seven Mountains Spirit Fist.

I'm interested in learning and practicing the martial aspect.

Marc

South Jersey Kung Fu, Glassboro New Jersey.

Wing Chun, Yang Tai Chi, 5 Animal Fist, Chin na.

856-332-2626

He's not well advertised, but he's in the county phone book. He mostly teaches students privately, but group classes are 5-8 Mon/Wed, and 5-8:30 on Tuesday. The Wing Chun class is easily the largest, and it runs the range of students from first timers to guys on the tail end of Bil Jee. Tuesday's class is 2 hours, Wednesday's just 1. Fees are $5 an hour for groups, and $43 an hour for privates.

PM me if you'd like any more information, I've been with him for a year now.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Hello,

There are several good schools which teach Wing Chun in the Philly SJ area.

Keith Maza who is located in the Cherry Hill area of NJ.

Pete Pajil who is in Phillys Chinatown

Jay Hitchman who is in Hatboro

If you can seek him out Frank Wyatt is still around in West Philly

I also know that another William School is planned for the Southern NJ area soon.

If you contact me I would be glad to provide info for any of the above should you need it.

I was teaching in South Philly but due to a new job and the conflict in hours I can no longer teach at the Citys rec centers. An old student of mine has offered me space at his school in Aston, PA. If you are interested you would be welcome to visit. I believe I already emailed you my phone number so feel free to give me a call after 8:00 pm.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73
    Hello,

There are several good schools which teach Wing Chun in the Philly SJ area.

Keith Maza who is located in the Cherry Hill area of NJ.

Pete Pajil who is in Phillys Chinatown

Jay Hitchman who is in Hatboro

If you can seek him out Frank Wyatt is still around in West Philly

I also know that another William School is planned for the Southern NJ area soon.

If you contact me I would be glad to provide info for any of the above should you need it.

I was teaching in South Philly but due to a new job and the conflict in hours I can no longer teach at the Citys rec centers. An old student of mine has offered me space at his school in Aston, PA. If you are interested you would be welcome to visit. I believe I already emailed you my phone number so feel free to give me a call after 8:00 pm.

Hi Dave, yes you emailed me, but you didn't leave a phone number. You said you would call me after 8pm.

Take Care,

Marc

Hi Marc,

I thought I returned a call from you and thought I sent you my phone number. In any event I just PM’d you with my number. Please feel free to call me tonight after 8:00 PM.
    Peace,

Dave

I can verify that the guy with the 332-2626 number is legite ive been with him for a number of yrs..

Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff
    Hi Dave, yes you emailed me, but you didn't leave a phone number. You said you would call me after 8pm.

Take Care,

Marc

Hello Marc,

Are you located in NJ? I am curious because my caller ID shows a call on 9/22/05 at 3:26 pm. This call came from Possoff Marc JE and the number was 856-742-****. I tried calling this number back twice and left messages. I am curious as to whether or not this is you, since you mentioned that I had never emailed you my number.

Peace,

Dave
    Peace,

Dave