Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Style of Choice?

YouKnowWho
    "I like to call my style as "Chinese combat style" and nothing else. If it works then I'll use it and I don't care where it came from."

Does that mean you ignore BJJ, Muy Thai, Karate, etc.?

Ha ha. Sorry, couldn't resist. You you truly use what works no matter where it's from why would you call it Chinese anything?

How about 'Human Combat Style'? Unless of course you add Monkey, Eagle, Praying Mantis etc.

I train in Choy Lee Fut. (spelling varies.) I can't really tell much about it, I live in Finland in a small city, so that I don't really have much of a choice, the only other style taught here being Wing Chun. Our most experienced teacher is currently in China, and everybody else has trained much less than him (I think). Ergo, our quality is somewhat variable...

Ive trained in many arts (to include TKD, northern shaolin, PM, white dragon, xing yi, as well as MT/BJJ/JKD at Straight Blast Gym).

Currently Im working in wing chun and kali/escrima. I also work out with a group of ngo cho guys so that creeps in a bit too. Im trying to find myself a jook lum sifu close to my home and will drop everything else if I can do that...

the one i do now. lol

which is becoming a pretty good mix of a few different things, but all together its covering what it needs to cover.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hung Gar; Hong Family of shaolin; Open Mountain family of Shaolin; Ermei and Wudang styles of tai chi chuan, bagua, and fu-hybrids (sifu level); Sun Bin; southern birds with a heavy dose of crane and tiger-leopard; southern magic dragon (master level); clf knightly sage lineage; 12 weapons forms; 6 open hand versus weapons forms. (68 forms total)
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-24-2005 at 09:55 AM.

The more i learn about muay thai the more right it feels.
    I like boxing a ton too; so much history and a surprising amount of depth for 6 punches.
    My throws stink but i dig san shou as well.
    I like those a lot more than bjj, judo, and mma, I admire the skill but doing it is just way too awkward.
    Used to love kung fu, but the whole "is the ring worthwhile" debate turned me off, coz training to fight's so fun.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I do love Gong Fu.

The Ring is worthwhile.

Anyone who thinks that they can learn how to fight without ever actually fighting can visit me in China.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    I do love Gong Fu.

The Ring is worthwhile.

Anyone who thinks that they can learn how to fight without ever actually fighting can visit me in China.
    do you know any hero songs? like,"the beggar, the bandit, the bully, my bully"?

Yau Kung Mun (Soft Skill Style)

and

Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jerng (Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm System).

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    Yau Kung Mun (Soft Skill Style)

and

Wun Yuen Yut Hei Jerng (Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm System).

i just saw a disc on Primordial Chaos and wondered 'where in h3ll am i going to find someone who knows anything about that one?'

i am prepared for your lecture.

Hello,

I know there is alot of people that use the name Wun Yuen and add it to there Taiji and chi kung. But this art is Wun Yeun that is very old and is very very daoist!

What disc did you see on Primordial Chaos? Is it chi kung related or based on the universe only?

FT

I study wah lum mantis

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    do you know any hero songs? like,"the beggar, the bandit, the bully, my bully"?

Um.... no, sorry. Should I?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    Hello,

I know there is alot of people that use the name Wun Yuen and add it to there Taiji and chi kung. But this art is Wun Yeun that is very old and is very very daoist!

What disc did you see on Primordial Chaos? Is it chi kung related or based on the universe only?

FT
    it's exactly what you describe. it's Primordial Chaos sect. parent sect of Black Turtle sect. tell me about your style?

Yoon, You are amazingly full of what comes out of a horses patoot.
    BTW that Philip Ng was my Dai sihing at the Tiger Crane Club here in Boston. Those were good days until the end.
    Buddy