Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Style of Choice?

Yuan,

Ill ask my Sifu what sect it is and get back to you. Since the art was made from Lao Tzu's senior disciples i guess you can trace it sect to Lao Tzu?

Where did you get your info from?

it's exactly what you describe. it's Primordial Chaos sect. parent sect of Black Turtle sect. tell me about your style?

Im still new to the art of Wun Yuen, mostly its using No Intent and the body is controlled by the Buttock muscles. So for your arm to move the buttock will do it etc so alot of training in turning, rotating, squeezing, releasing the Glute muscles.

The healing hands and some of the body breathing meds use some intent but just to activate the chi.

hope this helps for now,

regards
    Garry

sounds like it tries to train in self leading as a precursor to opponent leading. cool stuff. many kf styles try to move hip first or generate thier power through the hips. that's a really good instructor you have teaching you the intricasies of that. who is he?

the primordial chaos sect either created as daughter sects or created out of conflict several animal sects: Panda Sect, Black Turtle sect, Rooster sect are the only ones i know of as they were the only ones rumored to still be alive durring the CR.

i saw the video for the Primordial Chaos Tai Chi and Bagua on a web site. i think i slipped into an old layer of the web 'cause i could not find it a second time. the description included an association with tong bei methods of through the back power development.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-25-2005 at 08:32 PM.

Lao Tzu didnt belong to any sect therefore his senior disciples both created the Wun Yuen system based directly on Lao Tzu's theories of internal work and the nature of the Dao.

After that west, east, north, south sects developed as well, many other like complete reality, dragon gate etc.

This art is very unique and is based on Chi Development and the daoist thought of the creation of life and the universe.

Here is another site that my sifu is on, my sifu is called Sifu Cornelius.

http://www.waterboxing.com/history6.html

regards
    FT

Talking

I practice shotokan karatedo, powerful karate very strict with form, also known
    as karates' way of life.
    Last edited by greensage22; 10-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Favorite style

I couldnt't say I have one style in particular as my favorite, as I like different styles for different reasons. My favorite art would have to be sun style baguazhang followed second by changquan.

I study iron octopus, we use our tenticals in whipping type action then confuse our opponents with a flurry of attacks... its quite effective
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."