Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Sanjan Question ?

Taizu Samchien / Sanjan

Shaolin Master

This is interesting information. The more I read the more I realize how little I know. Do i understand the following correctly?

- Taizu is a Fukien style (I understood it was the northern longfist parent)?
    - You seem to be using Taizuquan and Wuzuquan ( Ngo Cho Kun ) interchangibly. Is this true?

Please clarify and thank you in advance.

Correct.
    The Taizuquan metioned is Fujian Taizuquan. (Not to be confused with Hebei Taizuquan)

Since my grandmaster Miao Yue was a master of Taizuquan and then later added wuzuquan, our style is called Taizuquan but the contents are of both Taizuquan and Wuzuquan. There are quite a few lineages with this mix up.

Regards
    Wu Chanlong

At this moment there is vcd of Liang, Shouzhong doing a luohan version of sanzhong.

Luohan practices San Zheng - 3 Straights (As opposed to San Zhan/3 Battles), which are Head, Body and Stance. Since each of these influence other parts (Such as correct stance requires the waist and hip etc.....).

Thanks; I realized the difference after my post.

sanzhan also exists in some styles of karate (I dont recall which ones but there was a simialr thread about this on some other forum) as advanced forms.

I also know a pai lum set that my sifu referred to as "Inner Kung Fu" which used a sanzhan stance but the form was different from the sanzhan set thats being talked about here.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon
    sanzhan also exists in some styles of karate (I dont recall which ones but there was a simialr thread about this on some other forum) as advanced forms.
    I think it's okinawan.