Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tons of Videos 5th annual WCWC Seminar

Thumbs up Tons of Videos 5th annual WCWC Seminar

http://www.windycitywingchun.com/movies/index.html

Tons of videos of our seminar, I'd post more, but this is all the work i'm willing to do... Enjoy.

lol at some of there chi saos.
    Only Dragons Understand Dragons. A minute, a word, a teaching of a Dragon is a lifetime of wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nin KiT
    lol at some of there chi saos.
    Let's hear why.

Give us the wisdom of your 19 years.

yea I been doing kung fu since 6 years old lol.
    Only Dragons Understand Dragons. A minute, a word, a teaching of a Dragon is a lifetime of wisdom!

skill in time

It always amuses me when people base their knowledge and skill based on their years. THe world is filled with incompetent people with "years in the art" and so the list continues.

Diplomatic ? i think not !

I see where our disrespectful friend is comming from....

I often think in such a 'formal' exercise things like crossing ones hands and a overly flacid fook Sao that only has one touch point in parts instead of three is less than satisfactory but not wrong.

However im never as arrogant to say its useless or laughable, nor am i as ignorant to ignore the fact that they are not competing seriously, its obvious its in a very light hearted fashion...

Then again ive only been practicing VT for 9 years

Li Nin KiT come off that high horse.

Maybe you should just be appreciative that they are willing to share !

I was talking about his years on the planet. I guess the same thing applies, but it was more in response to this posters's general way of slating things without giving a reason.

Yeah, I've got a few things I would maybe criticise about these vids, and I when (if) I do so i will expect some fair answers and a discussion and the final conclusion that it's just because we're from different lineages but basically the principles are the same.

But before I consider talking about these vids, since he chimed in first, I want Li Nin Kit to tell us why he's LOLling at the chi sao!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat

But before I consider talking about these vids, since he chimed in first, I want Li Nin Kit to tell us why he's LOLling at the chi sao!

nothing serious, few just look little sloppy.

Hey Ed,
    I liked the vids.
    I'm not sure what people are looking for in chi sau practice but that seems, to me anyways, like how it should be.
    Your Sifu always stayed one step ahead of the students which makes them think.
    I liked seeing them run through the situations in their head before they reacted.

It's not a demo, just practice.

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

I liked the vids also...sifu fong is good at chi sao.I liked the way he used his shoulder for deflection.He made some bad mistakes at times but everyone does.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

educate me

Can you please educate me and point out the bad mistakes, I'm curious

I don't think Sifu Fong made any mistakes, I just think he wasn't very serious when playing Chi sao with his students. You can see obviously he was having a good time and smiling allot. You can also see that he has a solid structure and uses economy of motion and forward pressure in his movements, it's obvious. I'm sure if he was playing more seriously he could have done allot more, and would have looked even better than he did. He wasn't even attacking the students that much, he let them do most of the attacking and was still able to easily stop most all the attacks. His skill is widely known and I for one respect him for that, regardless if I don't agree with everything his system teaches.

James

I think the videos were very good. Thanks for sharing. One shouldn't criticize unless they have videos of themselves which show better. The stuff shown can't be criticized for lacking this or that. It's just friendly chi sau and not a fight. In friendly chi sau sometimes you let your partner hit you and sometimes you don't. As much as you can you maintain good structure but sometimes you can but you don't and sometimes you can't. Chi sau doesn't all have to look like two robots doing it. For fun or for a learning experience you can also mix in non WingChun stuff from time to time or just as surprise movements. If your partner's Wing Chun is good then these surprises will not work but so what. Augustine Fong always maintains good posture and relaxation. There are no perfect Wing Chun teachers who would satisfy everyone's criteria.

Ray
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

edward...If you want to believe there was no mistakes on those vids its fine with me.Then I guess we have a different opinion on that.I was not knocking them I liked them very much so what's the problem? youngchun says I should not criticize unless I produce some vid of myself..why? is this the policy of Kung-Fu mag forum? if it is please, show me where it is stated or is it your own policy? This is a forum of discussion I thought.If people are so sensitive then i'm so sorry to offend you...
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

explain?

I'm asking for an honest opinon to point out the mistakes.... show me what you see