Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: merging of technologies in media

wait? i though technology was supposed to make life simpler? i guess it depends on your definition but im pretty sure thats what it was originally intended for. i'd much rather pick up a burger than wait in the bush for 2 days stalking wild animals. but if your talking about useful versus the current wave of "useless" entertainment technology. i guess thats a debate for each person to decide for themselves. back to basics living isn't easier though i dont think. look at how ****ty frontier life was for example, and modern people always have modern life to fall back on if things get too hairy. modern medicine and shelter. why treat it like a bad thing? i wont deny though. there does seem to be a disconnect with the information overload. i think thats what people are really worried about, or that might just be that hollywood sci fi apocalypic paranoia talking. or not. lol who knows?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Heh, I'm looking forward to the day where TV, phone, internet, utilities, car payments, and my WoW subscription, are all on one bill. I'm not looking forward to my paycheck being gone after paying said bill, though.
    Hung gaaaaa KUNG FU!
    "It's not pain, it's just burning."