Thread: Light Headed

Light Headed

Hi, I have suffered from light headedness since spring. It realy sucks. I had to take off a while from training. After many catscans and tests, the docs could only diagnose with sinusitis. After a couple of months of some pretty nasty pharmaceuticals, which I now refuse to take, my ENT decided that outpatient surgery would probably help. Anyways, I couldn't bear to be away from my school anymore so I returned the day after my surgery. It was going okay for a while but now the light headedness is returning, though I seem to be completely clear minded when I practice...of course I stepped up to try to practice every day as a result. I look foreward to getting off of work so I run to my school and feel normal.

I have never tried TCM before and I am leaning toward finding a reputable practitioner in my area that accepts my insurance. Do any of y'all have suggestions....about a light head and herbs that may help and finding TCM practitioners in the Maryland/DC area?

Thanks for y :ur help,
    Aaron

Sucks to have seasonal allergies...and it sucks even more that such things can be made much worse by air polutionm, hurricanes, etc..

There ARE some TCM things that can help...but allergies and the resulting sinusitis are chronic conditions...and so often require ongoing treatment.

The surgery option may not be that bad. What they do is sort of go in and roto-rooter your sinuses. You WILL be uncomfortable for a number of weeks. However, it DOES clean out a large amount of infection and inflamation. Those I have known that have had this done have been much better afterward.

It is sort of a last resort. AND...you don't want to know what if feels like the next morning when the doc removes the gauze wadding in your nose. I had a broken nose fixed and when they removed the gauze, I felt like the hand of the magician when he is pulling yards and yards of scarves out of his hand on stage....and it BURNS....

My daughter suffers from chronic allergies to many many things (including dust mites! how do you get rid of dust mites!)

Someone told her they heard of eating local honey, as the honey will have some of the local allergens in it in small doses (I think that's the theory anyway). She tried it (and it's not the first thing she's tried, many of which didn't work) and it has worked very well. Cut her medications in half.

forgot about that one...

The idea with local honey is that if your allergies are based on seasonal things like pollens and other things that bees find rather attractive in their travels in making honey, it is sort of like a natural allergy shot.

The bees get the things you are allergic to in their travels. They then get cleansed and purified in the honey making process.

Then, when you eat it, it sort of does the same thing as an allergy shot by introducing a small and manageable amount of the cause of the allergy into your system. Your body then adjust to it and builds up a resistance to it. this then translates to a greater resistance to the item in the air.

My wife has been doing this for a good while and it does help a lot.

BUT...it MUST be local - as in from not more than 50 miles away from where you live - honey.

Thanks y'all. I am beginning to think it may be due in part to my lack of sleep..5-6 hours a night. I'll try to get some honey before I go to sleep early...peace.