Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Order Cardio then weights or

I would not normally do cardio-lifting in the same day unless I am in a GPP phase. In this case, I do not think it matter much what goes first because you are not focusing on one specific energy system. Hence you can do cardio (interval training) for 20 mins first to warm up your muscles and do maybe a 30 min circuit training with bodyweight, stations, or freeweights. Or you can do the Circuit training first and then do 20 mins interval training which might help with speeding up recovery? There is no right way to atttack it, but it is a matter of preference and need.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Pardon my ignorance but what is the GPP phase? How would the intervals spped up recovery? thanks!
    Bless you

GPP is general physical preparedness phase. GPP is work capacity training for more extensive and complex training. Doing light cardio may remove lactic acid and increase blood flow which helps recovery.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 10-05-2005 at 08:03 PM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

bruce lee lift weights then he runs. And I've heard lift weight then go running is better.

Because you gonna need all the strength to weight lift safely. Then after your weight training, you are tire and kind of worn so then you go running to get cardio in and train the body to handle impact stress on body better.

Running and then weight lifting could cause you to have bad form or injury because of fatigue.

Another thing to consider is when you work on your kung fu technique do that then go running. Really good workout and better.

Your technique will be good and get cardio in from technique works and running.