Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asian/Caucasian connection.

Hybrid View

Asian/Caucasian connection.

Hi, I am part oriental and part white. It seems to me that every Oriental guy I know is after a white girl. Is there something to it. I have friends who are Cambodian, Thigh, Vietnamese, Karean all want a white women.
    Is there a trend like that. One of the sponsors www.worldcombatdating.com
    has men of different origins, but mostly white girls. What is up with that.

Seems like a fair trade. Most of us 'white guys' want asian women.

Must be nature at work.

I can't shy away from this. I am a latino who is with a chinese chick.
    I am not with her BECAUSE she is chinese.

I think, however, that there is a deep seated psychological or genetic tendency to interbreed with other racial groups. Its a form of genetic diversification.

i dunno ... i just figure its the human desire to have a break from the norm ... something different.

like if you eat chereoes every morning it might be nice to have some life once in a while.

same thing with women. except that cereal is better for you. and doesn't b1tch and cry.
    where's my beer?

It is always about physical attraction over soul mate, is it not?

Must be just you dude.
    I'll take an asian girl over a white chick any time.

I'm Chinese btw.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    Seems like a fair trade. Most of us 'white guys' want asian women.

Must be nature at work.

And most asian women I know are crazy about black men - the world comes full circle.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    And most asian women I know are crazy about black men - the world comes full circle.
    all women like black guys. its cause of those big baby makin clubs you swing between your knees.
    where's my beer?

I think it has to do with racism. White men generally are turned off by black women. Black women are descriminated against by all races of men, even other black men. The men go out and find lighter skinned girlfriends.

Meanwhile, white and asian women are seen as "cleaner" and more beautiful.

When someone says they just aren't attracted to black women, that is racism in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    I think it has to do with racism. White men generally are turned off by black women. Black women are descriminated against by all races of men, even other black men. The men go out and find lighter skinned girlfriends.

When someone says they just aren't attracted to black women, that is racism in disguise.
    well thanks for gettin the thread deleted or locked. i had 2 funny comments in here too.

we were all walkin the line till that post.

the funny thing is that post sounds worse than my last two even though mine were intentionally bad. mine were obviously all in fun though.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout

I'm gonna avoid locking the thread, but I'll address it:

To be more correct (from my current point of view as a bouncer in a popular club in the south) White men LOVE black women. I see it every night. They see these beautiful, shapely women with hips and a nice rear end, and they are all on them like white on rice. If you are going to address racial issues though, the real question is how many of them will ADMIT this desire that they have...

Black women take the butt end of the stick due to people's perception of their attitude. In general, People think that if there is any woman that will tell you off and curse you out for doing something to her, it's a black woman. Granted, that attitude can turn some people off. But that is not an issue of looks or "cleanliness", but one of personality. Where in the he11 did you get the "cleaner" comment from? that's the most racist comment I've seen/heard in a LONG time. When thinking about that though, you have to think about where this attitude comes from. What you said has some truth - they are discriminated against by EVERYONE, in general, as they are the absolute minority - they are black AND female. Being that they get shat on by everyone in general, you can understand where the attitude comes from.

I wouldn't say that a person saying that they aren't attracted to black women is racism in disguise. I'm not attracted to redheads. Doesn't mean I racism against them (That's an inside joke for anyone that remembers Rolls), It only means I haven't seen one I'd be interested in dating yet.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

For me, race isn't a factor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by _William_
    For me, race isn't a factor at all.
    For the last little while the majority of my dating and courting has involved Chinese women.

For some reason Chinese women seem to think I'm handsome; go figure.

I also happen to find asian eyes (and dark eyes in general) attractive and some Chinese women have very dark eyes.

Oh yeah, and I live in China.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

For the last few years I've only dated Japanese women...

and where do I live?!

Try finding a foreigner over here who doesn't have a major complex or who isn't a wh0re, a hostess or both!

As for the oriental thing, I can see where Dahmanegi is coming from, but historically although it has the exotic connotation I fail to see how that is denigrating in any way... most of the time it seemed to be almost admiring. Plus, historically, it doesn't make the east the extreme... the expression occidental was used about Europeans and then later inclusive of the New World. That doesn't mean that we westerners were marginalised, it was simply as geographical simplification. I could maybe understand a complaint about 'Far Eastern' better.

Plus, sometimes it is handy to use the expression oriental to mean Chinese/Japanese/Korean as opposed to South East Asian which also would encompass Vietnam, Cambodia etc, or Asian, which conceivably could include Turkey and the Ukraine!

race relations

lots of interesting perspectives here....after reading i may have to reconsider whether or not i would date a kung fu guy i kid, i kid.

as an asian-american, i'm not offended by the term "oriental" unless, as scott mentioned it's intended connotation is derogatory, or just plain ignorant (currently living in the south, i've noticed a lot of people still use the term oriental, even though in US History we learn that it is considered politically incorrect - it probably just has to do with disparity in education..you can't blame people themselves for that, it's problems with educational standards). the term oriental arised out of European colonialism, deriving from the latin term "oriens" - sun rising in the east. Oriental became the descriptor for goods coming from the Far East countries..silk, rugs, spices, tea, and that included women. So, I think when Asians (mostly women) are offended by being called Oriental, it's because of the implication of these women being thought of and treated as products, mere sex objects..which is NOT cool, and the reason I am personally very alarmed by people with "asian fetishes". But, I believe there is a difference between someone who has an asian fetish (obsessed w/ all things "oriental" because of mystic/tantric/exotic connotation without even understanding or relating to asian culture/history) and someone who has an asian philia (someone who really enjoys studying asian history/culture and as a result, has a preference/tendency for stereotypical asian characteristics). unfortunately, most people i have encountered are of the 1st type, and not the latter.

i recently ended my first serious relationship with a guy who's white. before him, i dated some chinese guys, and those experiences didn't turn out well. i definitely had reservations about dating a white guy until i learned that he was not dating me BECAUSE of my ethnicity, but that my ethnicity (and knowledge of my culture) was one of the things he found very attractive about me.

when it comes down to it, i don't think you can categorize relationships so easily by race,gender, etc. people who are just following a trend i.e. the white guy asian girl or asian girl black guy phenomenon that some people observe, rather than finding personalities and traits that suit their own (regardless of race) will find themselves in very uncomfortable, and possibly dangerous situations. there's nothing worse than someone devaluing your attractiveness because you're "not acting asian" or "not acting white" etc etc.