Thread: Hua Yue Taiji

Hua Yue Taiji

Has anybody praticed or read about Hua Yue Taiji? It origins seem to be from Liu He Ba Fa and it's principals are based on the 15 animals.

Ironpalm

Lie he ba fa is a classic of the south. it comes from the combination of Ba Fa from southern shaolin and the 6 conformities principles. the tai chi you are talking about is a Great Spirit type of form which combines the combat applications of ermei che style and tai chi chuan. it is a hard-soft form and it's most direct cousin might be a rare form of standing pole exercise (there might have been 5 at one time) which is a bit harder than a SPE and softer than the classic ermei che lie he ba fa.

i've heard it talked about but i've never seen it. it's the kind of ermei form that exists in concept as a self practice that is neither taught nor shared but talked about to generate a self-stylised secret practice. it's a master's toy.

i think there are disks available for hua yue tcc but they are in chinese.
    Last edited by Zhong Jia; 10-03-2005 at 01:44 PM.

Zhong Jia,

Hwa Yue Taiji is another name for liu he ba fa.

Actually you can find lots of information on the style in English.

http://www.gmaf.org/hwa-yu.html

Ive met many people here in the Boston area who have trained with GM Li.

Enjoy,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

well, that's very interesting dale. i'm sorry you are unemployed and practicing in the park. perhaps if you learned how to be a different person from Li you would not be the winner you are now. ime, hua yue is softer than lie he ba fa. thus different. same moves different manner of power generation. it's more like a gong than a chuan.

Unemployed?

Zhong what the Fahk are you talking about?

Oh no another no name coward spineless stick who seems to know it all and practice none.

Again spread all the muck you desire. At least I exist. No name means your nothing but the wind that comes out your ass.

I have seen both arts and depending on the teacher you can see the form being the same. The animales of Wai Lun Choi are very interesting though.

A gong versus a chuan. A program versus a fist? WTF are you talking about noname?

In Quincy,

Dale

link

Dale and Zhong thanks for your reply and URL that was very interesting. Any idea if the movements are slow like taiji or faster like for instance bagua? The video set look interesting, although a bit expensive. Anybody watched one of these tapes?

No, I have not seen these tapes.
    But I must say that I have to agree with Dale. This is just another name for a Water Boxing lineage. I believe this is not a traditional form, but more of a form that was created out of the original. Heard it was good stuff.

More boobishness from Yoon. John Chung Li taught Liu He Ba Fa (speaking Cantonese he called it Look Hop Bat Fat) as Hua Yu taiji. His main student (who would that be Yoon?) also studied with my teacher BK Frantzis. Yoon seems to know just enough about Boston to stick his foot in his Azz

Yuanny/Zhong claimed that "Tai Yim" taught hung gar in Quincy when he wanted to say another teacher that I had studied with in High School.

Another ass clown of ultimate knowledge.

Buddy, interesting do you train with BK Frantiz? I have all his tapes and books, how is he as teacher? Thought about joining his bagua palm seminar, any good?

Hi,
    I no longer am assocciated with his organization. I can highly recommend his neigong system but his baguazhang is somewhat lacking. I now study with his senior in Gao style bagua, Luo Dexiu. His crowd now is more the qi-hugger type so you'll do a lot of stuff that appeals to them. Where do you live?
    Buddy
    PS I mean no disrespect to Kumar by this post, he taught me a lot of great stuff...and when to move on.

Smile

Buddy,

I live in Singapore and trained bagua (cheng) and xingyi for a while but the trainers here are mostly wushu trained from china. wushu is a real waste of time. Hard to find a good sifu of above arts in this part of the world. They all moved to the US i guess.

Originally there is only 1 LHBF form the animals was taken out of the 1 form and created as animal forms.

FT