Thread: Royal Dragon: re Tai Tzu

Royal Dragon: re Tai Tzu

i saw a vid of some forms which were titled Tai Tzu Short Fist Long Form. they looked kind of like hong shaolin at shorter than wing chun distance. in fact, imo they could have been hong forms for amputees or for fighting someone- the two of you in a phone booth together. is this tai tzu, or some subschool of the style or something else entirely?

the forms looked a lot like Xiao Hong and Xiao Pao.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 10-03-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Buddy,

Take that to PM or something... Let him ask RD his question.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 10-04-2005 at 12:48 PM.

Hello,
    Not sure, I'd have to see it. You got a link? I may already own it if it's comercially avaliable.

The standard Shaolin Tai Tzu Chang Chuan has some similarities to Hong Chuan. Remember, Tai Tzu was heavly influanced by the imperial guards Hong Jia style and today bears strong resemblance to both Northern Cha Fist, and Northern Hong Fist. You can see both within the Tai Tzu style. Different branches favor one flavor or the other, but you can see both in it.

Southern Tai Tzu is much more compact and shorter range. It's not related to the Northern in construction and is a seperate style, but it ultimately descended from the same family, so it is sometimes seen taught side by side with the northern long fist variety.

There is also a Southern Tai Tzu Long Fist that descended from the Northern style, and looks similar but with a more powerful expression.

Another good person to ask is Sifu Abel, as he is far more accomplished in the style than I am (southern long fist branch).
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a