Thread: Chinese Gung-fu The Philosophical Art of Self-defense

Chinese Gung-fu The Philosophical Art of Self-defense

I have been looking on the web to see what first edition (1963) copies of 'Chinese Gung-fu' are selling for. So far all I'm seeing are forgeries. I have a personal interest because I have a first edition which I ordered from the publisher in 1965 - 1966. Also, does anyone have an idea as to why there are so few original first edition copies out there?
    Thanks for any information/direction.

I too have a first edition. I paid $5.00 for it the late 1960's. It was sold thru mail order by James Lee (Bruce's friend).

Several years ago Inside Kungfu carried a story about a Bruce Lee auction. The article stated that a first edition sold for $3,000.

How much would you get for it now? It depends on how much it's worth to someone else !. You got to be a real fanatic to part with $3,000.00

By the way, all other copies are reprints (not forgeries).

Just reminiscing with my wife about that time frame. It is strange to consider how unknown Bruce Lee was then (1963). His book only fetching $5.00. When I received the book, the instructional value seemed minimal and who is Bruce Lee? A short while later the Green Hornet series came out. The rest is history. Actually I must be one of those fanatics or sentimental. Thank you again for the information.