Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taoist Meditations

Taoist Meditations

Does anyone do much meditation practise here? I do normal abdominal breathing, visualisation meds as well body breathing.

Has anyone done micro cosmic orbit or tried any more advance methods as i just keep my meditations as natural as possible.

regards
    Garry

meditation

I have been practicing meditation for a very long time. Do you have a teacher who can guide you?

Yes i have a teacher but i am asking if anyone does meditations of micro cosmic orbit?

When you have gathered enough qi it goes up the spine to the head and down
    into the tan tien this is microcosm or small circulation whatever you want to call it
    grand circulation or macro as I was taught goes up the spine down the arm
    back thru the arm down to the legs up the legs then to dan tien I guess there is many ways do accomplish these things some say squint your eyes breathe a certain way squeeze your anal muscle tense up just different methods

Mikkyou

This was my next point of questions, i believe it travels through the small and large anyway without even trying to force or use intent. The reason i ask is i was watching a Mantak Chia dvd and to be honest he has alot of knowledge but he can also make it confusing.

any thoughts?

FT

I think being from the lineage of "Lao-tzu" - WTF!
    should be able to do a small or large micro meditation.

I myself am from the JC lineage (Jesus Christ), and I find that through this style of Kung fu we do not need to practice this meditation due to the superior fist forms that have been handed down - lol
    Last edited by Sacoche; 10-10-2005 at 09:18 AM.

I have been meditating for 4 years now. I started from very basic chakra meditations and breathing techniques and have moved on over the years to other meditations.

Strangely enough though, I have moved from nei dan practices of moving chi around your channels and have actually stopped back at just simple breathing.....although now they seem deeper than when I first started.

I recommend reading a book called 'taiji qigong' (will find isbn). It gives a really good explanation of taoist beliefs about the body and covers things like

- fire path, wind path, water path
    - qi vortices
    - ying yang concepts
    - body mapping of points
    - heaven, earthly, human (three treasures)
    - dantains

etc etc

very very good book

Craig

Gigantic Galactic Circulation

I practice the Gigantic galactic circulation where you breath from your toe through your leg and out your ear towards the horse head nebula. It is an extreamely advanced meditation that results in you and five of your chosen friends becomming enlightened masetrs instantly. The trick is, it must be done exactly when the sun is setting in the south pole on the spring equanox as a rooster crows and a rain drop hits you on the thrid eye... all at the same time.

Troll Alert!
    -------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

Hi Tiger, Although I am not currently practicing for reasons I will not go into now, I practiced Micro-Cosmic Orbit daily for 6 months or so in the past. The Qi does flow through the channels anyway, probablly all the time. When you focus your attention on the channels it increases the Qi thru the area your attention is on. And by the way, all of your chakaras are inclued in this orbit. The book Tai Chi Qigong mentioned above is written by Jwing-Ming Yang. Another source is the book Cultivating the Qi by Olson. I must say that the Micro-Cosmic meditation is the most powerful set I have ever practiced.
    -------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

Qiman,

Cheers mate, good to have a normal discussion. I have a few books of Dr Yangs as well. I was looking for someone that has personal experiences with the orbit meds. The more advance mediations use a similar method to the orbit but is not the orbit that we are speaking of.

Monkey

Appreciate your help thankyou, what style you do? I do Reiki that also uses Chakras so i incorprate a clearing and balance when i do massage.

hey suckC@ck,

Your an IDOT!

N/p

I have done a variety of meditation and qigong. I do some taiji qigong forms as well as 18 arhan qigong. Meditation wise, I have done mediations based on the sant mat, buddhist meditations, i had a friend who did reiki and talked a lot about it to me, inner light and sound meditation, nei dan practices.

just kinda tried around with many things over the last 4 years

craig

Most recently I have been doing standing Qigong from my Hsing-I backgroung along with basic kneeling or seated meditation. Not much though. I am scheduled to join a meditation group next week, being part of a group always motivates me to do more. I have done a lot of different types of active as well as seated/standing Qigong in the past.

I am not able to practice external arts currently due to medical reasons. Those arts include Hsing-I Kung Fu and Dan Zan Ryu Juijitsu. Although Hsing-I is an internal art the forms are done with power and snap. Considered the most external of the internal arts if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by Qiman; 10-12-2005 at 10:29 PM.

I learnt Insight and mindfulness Buddhist meditation from a monk here in syndey back in the early 90's, im currently doing a very old daoist internal art that has meds as well my YKM system has buddhist meds that are similar.

Do any of you guys use the Hui Yin point in regards to meditations?

Regards
    Ft

What do you mean by using that point? I was taught to moderately tighten (squeeze) the muscles in that area on the inhale of your breath. This is to raise the Qi up before allowing it to drop back to dantien. I have heard others say to tighten on the exhale but that is not what I was taught.

The muscle group is the same as if you need to urinate and are trying to hold it. Females are frequently taught this as the Keegle exercise for weak bladder control and other related female plumbing issues.