Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taoist Meditations

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    I hate to nit-pick, but Damo was from India!

LOL - your right, I just go carried away - LOL

Maybe better put - They are both fore fathers of Chinese traditions.

I thought as much since it is basically common knowledge.

I do share your healthly skepticim!

Fiercest Tiger,

I answered in a previous post.

My main styles are Pure Yang, Dark Red Palm, and Yang Tai Chi Chuan. I am not a teacher, I would be horrible
    In the past I have studied Xinyi, Xingyi, Bagua, Red Hair, Lu Long Hsing Pai and various Taoist Kungfu. All of these styles I never took the time to learn correctly, the teachers were there and I decided to take advantage of it - good times indeed.
    I learned Dark Red Palm and Pure Yang from the late Joe Lai Shifu and various WuTang masters he set me up with. As for Yang style, various teachers like Terry W. Shifu(Lie Feng Taoren) to Yang Zhenduo Shifu.

Sorry but it is very hard for me to believe your stuff is legit - to be blunt. If it has a poem that is great, but I could make you a great lineage poem in about two seconds flat.
    What sect did your style come from? This is usually known if there happens to be a poem. If I remember right your site said no one knows where exactly the style derived from, but yet you have a poem that is a derivative of a particular sect - doesnt add up to me.
    As for your teachers, hmm, I apologize, I understand how you can become defensive over them, but man it kills me when people need to throw Tao, Taoist and Taoism into the mix just to get recognition of some sort.

Personally I am not a Taoist, so dont feel that you are being persecuted here. I grew up in China and my family was a part of a local "Cult" popular Chinese religion temple. When we moved here I like many others learn about Christianity and other beliefs. I consider myself nothing and have full respect for all beliefs if they are real

I had a look at that website a while ago it talks of "six unions".

Just sounds like 6 harmonies to me. But no listing on forms or lineage

Hello,

I cant read chinese but im getting it translated, anyway like i have said im not out to make believers just like your dark red palm etc i have never heard of it so i cant say it real and i have never seen your poems?!:P

http://www.waterboxing.com/history6.html This is my sifu here, he just was given the Seal or Chop for the wun yuen system as the next inheritor of the art.

Anyway what ever floats your boat dude! Wutang martial arts is also made up and not as oure as what you think so we can play this silly game all day. What matters is we all should be able to question a art and system but at least try and have an open mind. Ill ask my sifu if he can ask sigung in hongkong if there is a sect. I dont know if Lao Tzu had a sect as he was a natural type of Taoist philospher OR does he belong to any particular sect.

I heard there is a Primordial Chao's Black Turtle sect or something maybe it belongs to a primordial sect?

I hope to get an answer for you to clear up the stuff i dont know!

Garry

Hi BlackTiger

Alot of internal arts use 6 Unisions to explain the connection of body, mind, chi, void etc doesnt mean its a LHBF thing or anything. YKM also use the Luk Hup too!

Anyway hows life in Melobourne and training?

FT

Sacoche,

Hello. I just have a few questions, I hope that you do not mind. I try to keep things as objective as possible, I hope you will do the same.

Daojiao Fenghuo Huxi....Zhe shi shenme? Please, tell me its principles and which sect you learned it from. You speak as if you know, let's compare notes. For example, what is the first thing that you learn to do in coordination with the breath in? It's the defining principle of the style. You know what I speak of, correct? I assume that you know what I am speaking of, so, my question is simple. Why do it this way if there is basically no way to transform it so that it returns in the opposite direction?

First, you attack FT's lineage and tell him that he is wrong, then you give him an apology, then you attack his lineage again, albeit in a more decent manner...That is, very taoist, to say the least, so I will not fault you for it. Also, you grew up in the most circularly logical speaking country in the world, but your words here are straight and to the point. Since I am into straight and to the point, I will also not fault you for this. Like I said, Objective...Please.

Ruguo ni xiang shuo, "Tamen zuo de fangfa bu dui." Please, please tell us what is correct.

Hao bu hao?

Not everyone here is a 250, and not everyone here is a standing flower either. So, save computer face and tell me the objective answer because you have been called on it.
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 10-22-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Tao,

When people dont know they automatically dismiss it as truth or reality.

Opened mind is better then a closed mine or egotistical mind.

FT

Greetings..

It's ALL Tao, brothers and sisters.. the only variable is our awareness of it.. if your focus is on "sects and lineage" i suggest your awareness is less than favorable.. the writings attributed to Lao Tzu are timeless, not encumbered by sectarian squabbling and a reasonable guide to living in accord with the Tao.. IMHO, anyone or sect or style claiming exclusive rights to "Taoism" has serious awareness issues.. if you are bothered by the claims of others, clean your own house..

We are ALL wayward Taoists.. wayward according to the degree we deviate from the natural flow of things..

My experience leads me to conclude that a good meditation in Taoist perspectives would be empty, no visualizations, no contrived purposes.. simply calming the mind to accept the current experience in its unprejudiced unfolding.. at its best, the current experience is not followed by a response/reaction.. those conditions are not separate from the experience.. otherwise, the response/reaction is constantly interfering with the next experience as it unfolds.. i am awed by the few times when i can attain that state of being fully in the moment.. it's intoxicating.. no wonder the immortals were thought to be possessed.. there is great liberation when we free ourselves from artificial concepts..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

We dont claim to be a sect ro any of that, you d!cks read as bad as i do, i said last time for the dummies, That 2 senior disciples of Lao Tzu created this system. How f@cking hard is that to understand?

I am the TAO...lol you guys need to take a long sh!t and smell it sometime...lol You all like to judge when you dont know sh!t...

Greetings..

I am the TAO...lol you guys need to take a long sh!t and smell it sometime...lol You all like to judge when you dont know sh!t...
    Considering the irony and contradiction in that statement as evidence of the author's experience of Tao speaks for itself..

Exactly how does a dialogue regarding "Taoist meditations" end up as an emotional debate over lineages, styles and teachers? Trying to convince someone that your particular experience of Tao has more validity than that of another is laughable, at best.. The way we perceive others is simply a reflection of the energy we project.. the sensory input we receive from others is prejudiced by our own evaluation of the input, we paint the input in our favorite colors.. if we see conflict, it is because we prefer conflict.. if we see the experiences of others claiming Tao as unworthy, it is because we are concerned that our own experiences are unworthy..

Those that i have met that best exemplify my understanding of Tao, have no issues with the experiences of others.. their understanding is evident in the lives they live, in the elegant simplicity of accepting the universe as it is, not as they would manipulate it to be.. and, that includes manipulating others to accept their point of view..

Be well..

Exactly thats why you are here too! lol

Maybe you might wanna practise what you preech, rather then bag what i say and make things up to look like you know what is right and what is not.

This goes for the most of you, remember to wipe your asses too!

FT

Greetings..

Maybe you might wanna practise what you preech, rather then bag what i say and make things up to look like you know what is right and what is not.
    To be clear, i have no idea what is "right" or wrong.. but, i can evaluate the possible consequences of my actions and choose the most beneficial for the most people.. i'll leave the judgements of "right/wrong" to those concerned with such matters.. and, i don't consider my postings to be "preeching" (preaching), i am simply offering my personal point of view for whatever value others may find in it.. as i said in my previous post, if someone sees it as "preeching", it is likely because that is their own nature..

Be well..

Hi, fiercest tiger,

If your practice is worthwhile for you, then that is good! Just because others don’t agree with your school or question its history and validity does not detract from the value it has in your life; unless you depend upon the consensus of others to validate it for you. Keep that in mind the validity of your school is found in how you benefit from it not from the agreement you receive from others!

Years ago I came across a Chinese proverb that read: “A thousand monks, a thousand religions!” Not everyone experiences the same events or interprets the same teachings identically. We all bring our own perspective to our experiences. Yours experiences are valid to you and many of us appreciate you sharing them. On these boards, all of our comments are subject to critical review and comment. However, not all comments are intended to slight; some are for the purpose of edification, gaining information and understanding.

If we approach uncomfortable questions and circumstances with hostility then we are likely to receive hostility in return. This is not necessarily unproductive, but hostility tends to escalate when left unchecked by discipline. If our purpose is to create hostility then we get what we want. If our purpose it is to learn, share and benefit from our interactions, then disciplined actions will accomplish that goal much more effectively.

I will now humbly go wipe my A$$!

LMAO