Thread: Spirits in Chinese Medicine - Roots tonics and other delights

Hybrid View

Spirits in Chinese Medicine - Roots tonics and other delights

A few days ago I came into some peculiar homemade alcoholic mixtures - one in particular looked like it had rosebuds in it and indeed, it smelled of roses. The label read "Calms the spirit". Another was a "Move wind-damp bi" and another simply listed the ingredients.

The only herbal concoctions I've made only give me a headache... I need something to cool my constitution down a bit rather than heating it up more.

Anybody got any favorite recipes?

I hear 100 grams of gou qi zi (chinese wolfberry) soaked in 2 liters of brandy for a month yields a good tonic for keeping your kidney essence in place

peace

herb ox

YES!!!

Good one, V'Goddess... we'll be having that one at the next class gathering

h. ox

cool.

Yes the only time I made that recipe actually was for a TCM class party. I remember that was a fun one.

Oh also.. Dandelion root wine. you know pu gong ying the herb.. get the the N. American ones.. roots. Probably the best to soak in Brandy. Goes to liver. also clears heat. good one to counter the alcohol heat and toxicity.

Just stay away from the Flying Fairy jiu, herb ox...

...I know it's your favorite, but it's simply not good for you. You'll go blind.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hi herb ox,

You may want to pay more attention to the wine that you use. From my experience:

1- Kao Liang/Vodkas are very strong and cause the energy to travel upward causing pressure and headache.

2- Johnny Walker Black does not go upward so powerfully. It tends to stay in the torso area more. I have been told that Jack Daniels does the same thing.

mickey