Thread: Injury

Injury

Hi All
    today i was in the gym doing pullups and i felt a crunch/pop in my neck. It hurts like a b**ch. It hurts from between the shoulder blades up. Has anyone had this happen to them? What can you do diet/ medicine wise?

I called the doctor, asked if they had any appointments, they said yeah, 2:00,
    i got there about 1:50, and at 3:00 having not seen a doctor left ****ed off. I can move my neck a little better than this morning.
    Bless you

From what you are describing, it could be trapezius or rhomboids. Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate. If it hurts don't move it. I don't like doctors either, but getting a referal to an orthopedic may be a good idea.

You might not be ready for this, but the tree pose from Yoga is good, I've had this type of injury before and it is hard to work out. Or try the plow pose, and slowly turn your head from right to left. Either of these pose should be followed by the reverse stretch of the same muscles, for instance the gymnastic bridge looking at the floor.

one day later, feels a bit better, still cant move full range of motion. I hope it heals up quick, got some training partners to meet tomarrow and the next day!
    Bless you

Injury

Sounds like you have torn some of the muscle fibres in either the major or minor rhomboids.

Generally muscle tears takes between 7 - 10 days to heal by themselves... however, there maybe scar tissue formed afterwards which will still cause you pain.

Go see either an acupuncturist or tui na massage practitioner, they'll sort you out in no time. Acute injuries may take between 2 - 4 treatments to be totally back to normal.... the longer you leave it, the longer it will take to restore normal function.

For your information the points prescription for this would be to use distal pints BL60 / SI3 and to use the local / Ah'Shi points on the BL Channel (BL13 - 17). You could ask the therapist to performing moving cupping along the Bladder meridian which acts like a deeper form of massage by increasing the qi and blood circulation to the muscle tissue.

Good luck
    Dave Stevens

I've ahd this a couple of times from various triggers. I just rested it and touch wood, it got better after a few days. Everyone's different though, and you might wanna get it checked out.

How is it now?

much bette thanks for asking Going to submission wrestling made it better
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree
    much bette thanks for asking Going to submission wrestling made it better
    Make sure to tap out on time,