Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL aka Sha Po Lang aka Flashpoint

SPL aka Sha Po Lang aka Flashpoint

For those of you who haven't heard about this movie yet, it stars Donnie Yen (one of my faves) and Sammo Hung. It also features Wu Jing (look for the guy with bleached hair in the trailer). He is a younger training brother of Jet Li and has been mostly doing Chinese TV.

There is no wire work and no camera tricks. One of the high points of the movie is a one on one fight between Yen and Wu. Rumor has it the fight itself was unchoreographed because the 2 actors decided they were highly trained enough to do the scene without the choreography....supposed turned out to be a great scene...

Here's a link to the trailer
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

sha po lang

i brang this topic up a few months back and know one seemed interested. this brings back, kung fu in movie making, this and seven swords are going to be the best to come out of hk in a while. i still haven't seen spl(as it's called) and i'm dying to see it. if you fined a site thats selling it let me know. i don't even think it's out in hk yet.

spl debuts at the toronto film festival (next week or something I think).

As far as I've heard Seven Swords bombed in Asia
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

so i heard

oh well guess i was wrong about the seven swords thing. the trailer was okay i guess. but i really want to se sha po lang, i had my heart set on seeing this one for a while.

Well I'm certainly interested. Donnie is one of my favourites, and with Sammo should be seriously cool.
    Many Chinese films that do really well in the west bomb in Asia (CTHD being a prime example). They've struggled somewhat with the demands of Sync sound (which we prefer) because many HK actors don't speak Beijing dialect very well (Obviously Donnie and Wu Jing do, but is Sammo's that great?). In the same way, many films that do really well in Asia are received with bewlderment in th west.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Spl

Trying to find a copy of this somewhere if anyone knows where i can find it please tell me! i heard the fight between donnie and sammo is worth the price of admission. so if any body knows where i can buy or download it(seen the trailer like 6 or seven months ago) let me know. thanks

spl??? sorry but can you elaborate a little more on that pls. sounds interesting
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Sha Po Lang

is a donni/sammo flick that was supposed to be out since last year, but they just started screening a few months ago. you can check out the trailers(they have a new english one) on donnieyen.net, this film is amazing an a welcome back to hong kong action films. i really want to see this film.

hmmmm sounds intresting.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

That was Sammo?

It is all beginning to make sense now.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Hey Doug,
    I have a copy of SPL the fight between Donnie & Sammo is bad ass. Shoot me a pm or a e-mail maybe we can work on getting you a copy.
    RAYNYSC

Badass?

It's the whole bloody reason to watch that movie. I didn't know it was Sammo (the long grey hair and beard threw me off) when I was watching it and I was like:

Quote Originally Posted by Simonwatchingthemovie
    ****! Whoever they cast to fight Donnie is certainly up to the job. I guess this movie wasn't a wast of 10 RMB after all!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Raynycs

hey whats up! i live in the BX, in concourse village(grandconcourse) if you can hook me up with a copy that'll be great.

No problem send me a e-mail so we can meet up.
    RAYNYSC

Sammo, Donnie and Wu Jing

SPL was a good one. Excellent choreography. Overdone plot, but tolerable because it sets up the fights well, and that's all I ever ask. It's my favorite recent kung fu flick. It blows out the over-anticipated Tom Yum Goong.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart