Thread: Internal Arts in edmonton canada

Jin Guest

Internal Arts in edmonton canada

Hi there
    I was wondering if anybody knows of anygood teacher in edmonton canada beside joseph chen. Anything in hsing i or bagua..thank you in advance
    ;)

GreyMystik Guest

Jin Kazama

this is off the topic, but i've always wondered what Xiaoyu's style(s) would be classified as... she has a power move that reminds me of much i've seen in bagua...

denali Guest
    I am from edmonton. Haven't heard of any Hsing-I or Bagua here. But I don't exactly know everyone here. Good luck though.

Jin Guest

bwahaaa!!!~!~

bro yeah..my gf(xiao yu)'s style is definitely bagua...lol....verie funnie :P

GreyMystik Guest

hehe

i hear ya... females doing martial arts is bada$$... i'm thinking 'crouching tiger' hehe
    on a serious note, from what i've read, back in the day the females were quite deadly at MA... they were generally faster and more flexible/acrobatic than the men... although the men had more strength and could wield the heavier weaps

rovere Guest

Not that far away

I teach hsing-i; pa-kua and t'ai chi to a small group of students in Calgary. (You can check out my background at www.rovere.com in the martial arts section) If you are ever down in my area, give me a call and we'll invite you to train.

As for Edmonton, I'm afraid I can't help you out.

Jin Guest
    Rovere sir,...thank you for your generous offering...i love to attend your class but since i'm a university student, i'm afraid that is not possible for me....university life is just hectic.hurr!~! :(

Jin Guest

Muay Thai VS. Tai Chi Webpage

Jin Guest

Muay Thai VS. Tai Chi Webpage

GT Guest

Internal Arts in edmonton canada

Andy Wong teaches traditional Yang style Tai Chi Chuan. Lineage is Yang Cheng Fu > Tung Ying Chieh > Mak Ying Po > Andy Wong. Mak Ying Po is still in Edmonton, but is retired. My recommendation (but I'm somewhat biased).

There is also the Ji Hong Tai Chi College http://www.taichi.ca/index.htm which teaches Chen, Yang, Wu styles of tai chi, and contemporary Wushu.