Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Weights Workout

No Weights Workout

Has any body tired the excercises from the No Weights Workout site http://noweightsworkout.com/. I was wondered what your experiences were and effectivness of the excercises.

I hope Dale Dugas is reading I'm really interested in what he has to say since I see his name in the fourms alot.

Thanks

We recently had a thread on this - try a search.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    The exercises are a great workout and help to develop a tendon strength you dont see with weights.
    Why do you think that weight training doesn't give you tendon strenght???

Ive been weight training for 12months and have read every book ive come across, it also helps that my girlfriend is a gym instructor. There is nothing better for developing tendon strength than weight training.

As for body weight exersises... If you have weights use them. If you do body weight exersise it'd take you years to get as strong as you would 2 or 3 months in the gym with heavy weights.
    "Turn your face to the sun, and your shadows will fall behind you."

"While your looking to hit for points, we are breaking legs and taking you by the neck"

i used to go to the gym 6 days a week for 2-3 hours. i did that for almost 4 years. after i hurt my back i couldn't go to the gym anymore. now i have been practicing kung fu for a little over 5 years. for some reason i get a different feel with the bodyweight excersises and other stuff associated with martial arts. i'm not sure if it is the excersises or that martial arts has taught me how to use my strength better.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    i used to go to the gym 6 days a week for 2-3 hours. i did that for almost 4 years.
    No wonder you hurt your back!!!!!

I train with weights for 45mins, 3-4days a week. Any more than that and its pointless doing anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    find the tension sets to build more range of motion than weights.
    You can develop better ROM (range of motion) with weights as you can still move through you whole range for each muscle, however with single insertion muscles like biceps you can hang the weight after each rep to encorage streching and flexability.

"While your looking to hit for points, we are breaking legs and taking you by the neck"

actually i fell off a jet ski and hurt my back. when i fell off the jet ski my chest hit the water. my life jacket opened up and pulled my chest into the water. my legs and waist kept going forward over my back. does that make any sense. hurt like he$%. still bothers me to this day.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Dale, I have trained under G.M Chicone for aprox 2 yrs. I have done some of the excercises that Mr. Hamp has explained. They have seemed to have help me in a way differnt than weightlifting, but i wondering since there are others that have tried them out there with more experince than me what there thoughts are. Is my case an isolated case or have other experienced the same result. They are some tough excercises and I'm just curious

Also what types of isometric excercise do some of the other styles teach or do they even incorporate strength excercises in there styles.

Dale, you seem be expercined in the arts and your opinon of the results obtained by the excercises are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by manofkent
    As for body weight exersises... If you have weights use them. If you do body weight exersise it'd take you years to get as strong as you would 2 or 3 months in the gym with heavy weights.
    I have lifted weights for years, Bench 320#, Squat 380# and DL 460# done lifting competions and the no weight excercises are still a B***H it just works differnt things. If I can do heavy squats and 1 min of body weight excercises make my legs quiver and burn some thing is working.

just remember you cant belive every thing you read, Ive read every other weight lifting book there is and nothing works better than just doing it.

tendon strength
    Tendon's cannot flex.

working out with weights is somehow different from using bodyweight
    Your muscles don't care if they're contracting against iron, your own bodyweight, an opponent, or anything else. They know how to contract and relax. Nothing else.

Muscle 1: "Hey, tendons, wake up!!! This guy is doing body weight exercises!! You need to start strengthening!!"

Tendons: "Oh, geez, thanks man. We thought he was lifting weights and we were just going to sit here and not do anything."

Muscle 2: "Man, you guys sure are lazy."

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper
    Dale, I have trained under G.M Chicone for aprox 2 yrs.
    The Green Dragon guy? With Sifu Allen?

PS. This thread is hilarious.

[QUOTE=IronFist]
    Your muscles don't care if they're contracting against iron, your own bodyweight, an opponent, or anything else. They know how to contract and relax. Nothing else.QUOTE]

If only muscle worked so simply. I'm not trying to say that there is some magic working here but there are differnt types of muscle fibers ex: slow twitch and fast twitch. differnt excercises recrcuit differnt fibers. if muscle contraction was the end all of strength excercises then every one would just flex constantly and look like arnold. Football players use weight lifting along with polymetric excercises and isometric excercises to round out there training. Why because weights alone can not work the whole muscle.

anyways this thread kind of ran off track. its about the the NWW system and any results, some bodys had to try them, also do differnt styles incorporate isometric excercises.

How I understand the Allen/Chicoine relationship is they used to study together under Femen Ong (spelling ?) they split ways and Chicoine then studied under G.M Chang. I belive there really has not been an accociation since the 70's early 80's, but I may have it wrong just what i've heard

I have lifted weights for years
    Thats great, your big and you worked hard for that, But following a better program it would have taken you much less time.

If I can do heavy squats and 1 min of body weight excercises make my legs quiver and burn some thing is working.
    Yes something is working, 50% of your muscle.

The reason it hurts is cos your not using the whole muscle.

lets just say you have 100 muscle fibers in ur biceps, if you lift your arm ur using 10 fibers, lifting a brick your using 50 fibers and your max lift is 100fibers.

you see, by working body weight your not using the whole muscle, thats why it hurts after just 1min. You get stronger, but very slowly.

i think iron fist had a corinary or just gave up.

maybe both.
    where's my beer?