Thread: Firework Step

Firework Step

I've recently started learning Firework/Firecracker Step (grrr I can't remember the Chinese!) and was wondering if anyone else practises this?

I don't know if it is a type of qinggong light step but it seems to be focused on jumping very high with deep breathing.

Any information would be great!

S
    Black Mantis

Never heard of it!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

something like "tsuan bu" or something?
    Black Mantis

Smile Tsuan Bu...

If it is what I am thinking, then it would be a fundamental footwork of Mantis IMHO. You would see this a lot in the Greater Meihwa Line.

Basically, it's advancing with a 180 degree turn. It could be done with or without leaping forward. The distance and height requirements vary from style to style. You would see this more often in forms such as Bazhou (8 elbows). Some people would stomp (replacing the supporting leg) as they push off the ground and begin to make the turn. But in our style this move is done in "stealth" mode. It would be fluid and smooth all the way like gliding through the air. Come to think of it, you could say there are 2 ranges of doing this. One is close range and the other is long range.

Hope this help.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

I believe a tsuanbu can be found near the end of LIPI. It's a jump back after a kick ending in siliubu.
    Black Mantis

Tsuan Bu and Dieh Bu

I think the moving back (lead leg picked up, stomp and replacing the rear leg) is Dieh Bu. Ba Bu is similar but the lead leg crossed over the rear when moving back and definitely no stomping which btw is at the end of Lipi IMHO. That move is actually Bi Men jiao and Ba Bu Bi Ji Shou in most GML styles. I believe Shifu Wang Jie has some clips on the 8 footwork and Lipi form of Babu Tanglang. I have also checked old manuscripts descriptions on the Tsuan Bu which is consistant with Shifu Wang's demo IMHO. Now if your shifu call the footwork whatever, then I guess you should listen to your shifu. If you are sure about it, I don't think you need to know what others are doing in that case.

Good luck in your study.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum