Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-do teaching the SUPER SECRET invincible internal style

Shaolin-do teaching the SUPER SECRET invincible internal style

hehe, I got this in my email today:

The Biggest Shaolin-Do news in years

Grandmaster Sin has announced the content of his next 4 seminars in Lexington. We have waited for decades to learn the art called Liu Shing (meteor) fist. It is the 4th, highest and most aggressive of the internal arts. Grandmaster Sin will be teaching that in March and September of 2007. However, you must take both seminars in 2006 to prepare for this art. He will teach 4 katas from the Golden Leopard system. The first two katas this march and then the 3rd and 4th in September. Not only is this an historic time for the students of grandmaster Sin, but you will likely see more Shaolin-Do lower belts, black belts and masters gathered together than have ever been assemble at once in this art. This is also the first external empty-hand form he has taught out since Shaolin Monkey Fist 3 years ago.

What the heck does 'taught out' mean?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

MST - Taught out means GM Sin hasn't taught everything he knows (supposedly) and every now and then when the kids are being good he will share the secret katas with the SD crew.

In shaolin-do, I think, there is this feeling that GM Sin has this huge amount of material (obviously). GM Sin usually just teaches a form once, if he works on it later with others (to my knowledge) it would just be his highest ranked guys to polish it, he doesn't work on it in other seminars anyway. He doesn't teach forms to "the masses" over and over. The theory being that the more he repeats, the less he's "teaching out"...'cause he COULD be teaching some other form that no one in SD has seen before, right? There's this general feeling that it's his student's responsibility to retain as much of his knowledge of the forms as possible.

SO, anyway, a "new" form is taught once (though sometimes he'll do the seminar in KY, TN, TX, etc.) then he moves to another. I've seriously heard students worry that he'll never get all the forms he knows "taught out" in his lifetime.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Lets get real!!

I've been training in the MA for over 30 years. I can create a SECRET form in about 10 mins depending upon how long i want to make it!

Think about it! All forms were once created by someone. They become traditional after they have been practiced for a few generations!

The reason no one will ever learn all his forms is cuz he makes them up as he goes along. Then he can charge for seminars whenever he needs some cash!. There is nothing magical about a form. It is merely specific movements placed together in varying combinations. Anyone can do it with a little experience and practice!

Has anyone done the math on how many 'forms' and 'styles' he had to learn an hour when Son The' lived in Bandung to have all this 'material'?
    --- Napoleon

"You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Martial Arts are not just art but science also. The forms taught by GMST are scientifically based with definite application based upon the exploitation of a biomechanical weakness of the body.
    Of the forms I have learned and the movements, if one of you would take the time to look at what has been taught and the lack of replication of the forms then you would know that. A: he does not make them up, B. he is human and might accidentally mis interpret the notes he has as it has been 40 something years since he learned it originally. Therefore instead of a vertical fist it will be a horizontal fist attack but if it hits it will still hurt. and C. The forms all have written notes and explanation as they are taught . ??? who would go to that much trouble for 47 years. When one can earn money much easier another way ???? KC

Because he gets honor and respect from those he cons into believing his forms are something unique and special that is why!

I am not, in fact, denigrating his forms. I know nothing about them. But i do know the MA and i do know forms and how to create them. There is nothing wrong with making up your own forms. I am not being critical of him if he has. But i do know that marketing requires a person to state their forms are ancient, mysterious and contain secret techniques to manipulate the unknowing masses into continually paying money to learn them.

It is your money and your time and you being manipulated. It is your choice and your benefit or detriment.

All I am saying is that NO form is special in and of itself! It is believed to be special that is all and that is what makes it special. A form is a form and nothing more. It is not a magical movement that will bestow anything special or unique onto the practitioner. If you like them do them! But dont think you are learning anything special!

We learn history to know the past the past shapes the future. I feel the forms are a recreation of history and by training in them i can somehow "know"the creator and his or her personality or what "special" idea they were trying to convey. By doing so I can preserve history and make a difference in myself. Also some forms have certain emphasis I feel that is the "secret" / "special" technique or way. Sure I pay for the seminars but I also pay for a book that could teach a form. How would you like to spend your money? they are both of history. Training in something that was made up with out an empirical test of time is a waste of time , it hasent been proven. KC

Well, I wouldn't do SD, as most of the forms I have seen are devoid of the attributes that make them what they are... it's kinda kenpo/kungfuey stuff, rather than CMA... But hey, good luck with that...

To my original comment - anyone do the math?
    --- Napoleon

Hi kwaichang,

I am not being critical of you or what you feel to be important to you. If you find value in your endeavors and pursuits then that is good for you. But pursue it with knowledge and an independent mind.

I hate to be disillusioning by supplying some “facts of life” but:

It is about “power and control”! As long as I know something you want to know I have control over you. I can dish out my knowledge in small increments over time in order to maintain that control. When I sense that control is slipping I can come up with new “SECRET” forms or techniques to re-establish my control over you! It is called manipulation!

Once you have all my knowledge I am no longer as important to you and I lose a significant amount of authority unless you have sufficient respect and awe of me already conditioned into your mind. The more people I can manipulate this way the greater my honor and respect, the greater the boost to my ego. I can then bask in the glory bestowed upon me by my ignorant and manipulated followers!

what style would you try, would you do perhaps jujitsu which had its origins in chin na or perhaps aikido which had its origins in pa kua, of corse bjj had its origins in japenese jj, western boxing had its origin in ancient greek combative arts. Why not go to the source? If what you see today as traditional CMA is passed down from decade to decade then how much change has occured? and perhaps what we see as "real" CMA is not what it once was. If Shaolin Do looks like all these arts you mentioned , example: ,perhaps that is why our children look something like us but not quite the same as us they came from us much like those arts came from Shaolin KC

If I were Ignorant and all the SD people were ignorant that might be true but as we are not and do have a critical mind and use it I dont see how this statement of control applies I know from experience that no one has control as life will dish out what it will and no one can change that. KC

This reminds me of the nights me and my pals get 5hitfaced and try to come up with "Get rich quick" schemes. It's very plausable that Sin The does create this mumbo jumbo for cash. Hell, This is the same grandmaster that had a fund to buy him a brand new Caddy for his B-Day. This guy is the P-Diddy of the Martial Arts world...killer at marketing and business...sucky at the art. As an ex-shaolin-do student and a participant of an overpriced Sin The seminar, I know what the old man is capable of. And it's frankly not worth 2 mugs of goat pi55.

Shaolin-Do's only saving grace is the practioners who take an interpret the teachings in their own way and apply them to full contact sparring. These are the groups that let me know that Shaolin-Do isn't complete and utter bologna. It's just a shame that the founder/grandmaster is such a fraud, because if he'd just market it as kempo, he'd be out of the fryer.

Let me put it to you this way...I learned from David Lin at a seminar for free. I learned a lot that day. I paid $75 to see a man pull 5hit out of his ass for 3 hours, and all I got was a sweaty gi from some cardio and a bitter taste in my mouth....

the choice is yours
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Isn't it ironic his name is "Sin"?