Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-do teaching the SUPER SECRET invincible internal style

You missed the point kwaichang!

As long as you think you are learning something special that no one else knows or has learned then you are controlled and manipulated by those whose authority you seem to trust.

There is nothing special about any form! Think of the thousands or forms that have been created in the history of MA, not just CMA but all of them! They are all based upon specific actions, techniques etc. There is nothing new under the sun! Anyone can take the movements found in any form and combine them to create a new form. So what! There is nothing special about any form. Some contain information or techniques not present in some others that is all. The human body moves in specific ranges of motion. This hasn’t changed in millennia. There are only so many ways to punch, kick, throw, joint manipulate, etc. There is a finite number of actions the human body is capable of performing. They may be combined in innumerable ways. When anyone combines those movements into a new creation you have a new form.

Manipulation occurs when I can convince you that I know something that you NEED to know or SHOULD know to have a complete understanding of my ART. If I can manipulate you then you are ignorant of my machinations and ignorant that the new actions I teach are something you can learn else where for much less cost and effort. I gain control of your and your money and I gain your respect and awe. I benefit directly from my manipulation of your ignorance. When another MAist comes along that has more knowledge or as much knowledge as I, he will see past my manipulations and the ordinariness of my teaching and cannot be controlled!

He is the free thinker, not the student I convince to follow my "SECRET" methods!

Does anyone know where I can actually see some video of Shaolin-Do forms?

Just observe the manipulation in the cited advert.

You MUST attend 2 foundational Seminars BEFORE you can learn the SUPER SECRET internal forms.

AND

They are ONLY the 4th highest and most aggressive of the internal arts!!

That sets you up to pay more money for the 3rd, 2nd and 1st highest.

AND

If his Supreme Highness, Super Galactic Grand Master lives long enough he will come up with some long lost SECRET forms he almost forgot in order to MANIPULATE money from more ignorant followers!

Sounds like you are a Bruce Lee devotee so you must remember the line from his movie the silent flute where the actor says one is taught in accordance to his fitness to learn. Some can grasp the truth of the form and some cant some need the basic punch kick grab and that is fine however, Bruce Lee was gifted to grow and learn beyond his years on earthand we are not him but even he did forms as a base to where he was. The purpose of forms is multifaceted 1 to teach the body and instill muscle memory 2 to instruct the unconscious to perform under high levels of stress 3 to gain new tecniques along with new concepts of application. Forms ie: a series of offensive and defensive movements are there for a reason to pass down a particular concept or thought or whatever. I have trained in other arts prior to SD and I have seen the real deal I also trained in JKD and have found there are more than one way to punch. I think we all wish there was a "SECRET' technique that would give us ultimate power and unfortunately the only secret technique is hard practice. KC

Read closer the first forms are not the same as the last ones they come from a different system Leopard not internal , cant get blood out of a turnip no matter how much you squeeze it. KC

Hi kwaichang,

Well said!! There is some truth to your statements, but there is still an underlying manipulation involved. It presumes the MASTER has the knowledge and maturity to be fair and just in his passing on his SECRET knowledge. Unfortunately these individuals are extremely rare and I sense this type of individual would not use marketing and manipulation to attract followers or make money!

True knowedge is free for the asking. Payments are primarliy to cover expenses and no sincere student is turned away because they cannot cover the costs. Nor are extra Seminars required!! If Sin really cared to pass on his SECRET forms there are easier and chepaer manners to accomplish this!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang
    Read closer the first forms are not the same as the last ones they come from a different system Leopard not internal , cant get blood out of a turnip no matter how much you squeeze it. KC
    This doesnt matter! It is clearly creating more cash rewards for the Master! In reality there is NO form one must learn inorder to understand a later form!

This is a rationalization used to enforce status postitions within an art!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang
    If I were Ignorant and all the SD people were ignorant that might be true but as we are not and do have a critical mind and use it I dont see how this statement of control applies I know from experience that no one has control as life will dish out what it will and no one can change that. KC
    This coming from a person saying SD is scientifically based. If I hit you upside the head with a bat it doesn't mean it is CMA. It will most definitely hurt but, it isn't kung fu.

Defending your art is one thing being blind to much of the hyprocrisy is another. You have already stated many of the falsehoods I heard in the system. Do some rersearch before saying the "all fighting comes from China" bit they throw around.

Ignorance is bliss.

Having spent time with GMS I know him to be such a man. I feel he is sincere in what he teaches and if this is a manipulation of me then so be it as long as I am growing as a CMA as I feel I am i am happy after all . I have done what I want which is to learn and grow what ever the cost. HELL with gas 3.00 a gallon you have to make a little money just to go to the store. Bruce Lee charged 275.00 an hour remember. no one bashes him the price of something is what ever you feel it is worth. KC

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu
    Do some rersearch before saying the "all fighting comes from China" bit they throw around.

The oldest illustrated self defense techniques are found on a wall in an Egyptian tomb!

Read again I also mentioned greece and japan and brazil doh KC

Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-17-2005 at 07:10 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I dont agree with Bruce's exorbatant fees either!

I agree with you though, if you enjoy it and find value in that is what is important!

I am just making conversation and not intending to be making a value judgment on your decision to train in Shaolin-Do!

However, when i was a youngster i believed my "MASTER" to be an honest and sincere man as well! As i grew up and matured i learned otherwise!

Mr Brown Thanks you are a true MA. KC

I appreciate the kind words!!

Good Luck with your training!