Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-do teaching the SUPER SECRET invincible internal style

Hey godzilla if you practice on bat techniques then it is Kung FU KC

Quote Originally Posted by rickyscaggs
    Isn't it ironic his name is "Sin"?
    I still find it interesting that his name can be found in abSinThe, as in the Green Fairy.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Sholin Do is not kempo! That should be obvious. Kempo doesn't use low stances or Chinese weapons. Shaolin Do is CMA, of a particular (indoneisian) lineage.

You dont have to like it, but don't tell me it ain't CMA, and especially don't tell me its kempo.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang
    Having spent time with GMS I know him to be such a man. I feel he is sincere in what he teaches and if this is a manipulation of me then so be it as long as I am growing as a CMA as I feel I am i am happy after all . I have done what I want which is to learn and grow what ever the cost. HELL with gas 3.00 a gallon you have to make a little money just to go to the store. Bruce Lee charged 275.00 an hour remember. no one bashes him the price of something is what ever you feel it is worth. KC

Enjoy yoursel,f that is good. I think GMT is a real good guy with good skills. I think he was swayed a certain way and has no control over his org. This is speaking from direct experience you don't have. Remember it was Karate at one point, all unknown names aside.

Your enjoyment has nothing at all to do with the thread. Why wait 30+ years to teach a high level form. You can't use the "they aren't worthy/ready" defense because lower belts will be able to attend. That is what people are trying to point out. The fact that you (myself included at one point) don't see that is what is bothering people.

Oh and no it could be Karate, JKD, or most likely just Baseball.

if this is a manipulation of me then so be it as long as I am growing as a CMA

The problem is you are NOT growing as a CMA!! You are learning something totally unto itself. I've seen clips of the SD Mantis form, and belive me it is not even remotely like Northern, or Southern Preying mantis in an way, let alone something CMA.

To be nice, it looked like a karate Kata with some "Hook" hands thrown in for good measure. My most honest opinion of all, no holds barred, is it looked like a Chung Moo Quan style form.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brown
    All I am saying is that NO form is special in and of itself! It is believed to be special that is all and that is what makes it special. A form is a form and nothing more. It is not a magical movement that will bestow anything special or unique onto the practitioner. If you like them do them! But dont think you are learning anything special!
    Then why learn anything at all? If a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick, why study any art because I think that even you can figure out how to punch and kick. But then again, if that new form teaches you of a way to generate power, speed, flexibility, etc., then perhaps it would be benificial to check it out.

To everyone else, to those of us (stupid as we all may be) that have been in SD for a long time, this is pretty exciting. For those that don't believe in interal arts, thats fine. But there are quiet a few of us that spend a lot of time on Tai Chi, Hsing Ie and Pa Kua and think (dillussional as we are) that we are gaining a benifit from it. So if he is going to teach another internal set, I then I will be there. I'll be sure to give a nice, unbiased report when I get it.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible-fist
    Sholin Do is not kempo! That should be obvious. Kempo doesn't use low stances or Chinese weapons.
    You better tell these guys:
    http://www.kempokungfu.com/demasco&materra.jpg.jpg
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That's a funny pic in the last post. Those two guys, Steve D. and Charlie M. make me laugh!

They look like someone just threw them some unfamiliar items and told them to stand there!

I can't get the picture to load. Could someone try copying it to a different URL?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    To everyone else, to those of us (stupid as we all may be) that have been in SD for a long time, this is pretty exciting. For those that don't believe in interal arts, thats fine. But there are quiet a few of us that spend a lot of time on Tai Chi, Hsing Ie and Pa Kua and think (dillussional as we are) that we are gaining a benifit from it. So if he is going to teach another internal set, I then I will be there. I'll be sure to give a nice, unbiased report when I get it.
    for 16 years I've heard of Liu Shing (aka Meteor Fist) as another internal style. GMS never taught it to anyone before. I'm curious to see what it looks like, to see what makes it internal vs. external, to see what principles distinguish it from Hsing I, Pa Kua and Tai Chi.

And I'm especially curious to compare it to other sources to see who else out there may have this (if anyone).

Could GMS be making it up? sure, like Scott Brown said. But to do that he would have had to reference it for at least 16 years (probably longer, right GT?) before deciding to create it and then teach it.

As for the animal forms (leopard) being taught as a precursor, it is common in SD to have to learn a set of material as training. The leopard's techniques could be a door to the techniques of this form. In the past GMS and his brother Hsiang has refused to teach certain material because no one could do the underlying training necessary to learn the material.

So, what does this mean for me? I don't know. . . . I'll have to see the material, the principles, the theory and the application and make up my own mind. Just like I try to do for every form I've ever learned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The lawyers for Mr. Demasco and Mr. Matera would like me to inform you that they are not to be referred to as "funny." Futhermore, they would prefer for you to address them as Master Demasco and Master Matera, as you have not earned a fifth degree black belt in Shaolin Kempo and have not been granted the honor of using their Christian names.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    To be nice, it looked like a karate Kata with some "Hook" hands thrown in for good measure. My most honest opinion of all, no holds barred, is it looked like a Chung Moo Quan style form.
    You are one of the reasons OYD/Chung Moo Quan and the SD people are inseperable in peoples minds. Just like the Caddy B-day story that keeps floating around. This is a morph of 2 different leaders into one.

I'm sorry but, you are one of the last people whose opinion I'd respect on critiquing CMA. VCD/VHS/DVD/Correspondence courses, come on you are no better than the seminars you make fun of SD for hosting.

OK, I would now say 'comical' instead of funny.

And I just saw the clips of this "Shaolin-Do" art.

If you are studying it and you enjoy it, great.

But let's set the record straight; This is not a chinese art in any way, shape or form (from the clips I've just seen). I am not discussing anyone's character here, just the fact (FACT - I wanted to emphasise that) that this is not an art which could be called Kung-Fu or Chinese.

And who posted the link of mongolian wrestling and shaio-jao guys throwing each other in Beijing? What's that got to do with this "Shaolin-Do"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu
    And who posted the link of mongolian wrestling and shaio-jao guys throwing each other in Beijing? What's that got to do with this "Shaolin-Do"?
    There are some Shaolin-Do videos mixed in with the good stuff...

I hate those videos. Much of this has been discussed ad naseum in other threads. I've seen some decent vids on the internet, but not many. I'll say this though, the videos reflect the style of many students who can't physically do the material the way it should be done (or do it very sloppy or both), but learn it (and pass tests anyway). For example, the 5 Animal form here, http://www.shao-lin.com/Category.cfm?CategoryID=65, (original 5 animal form) should have a full single-leg squat in it, but this guy obviously can't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.