Thread: Healing Clay

Lightbulb Healing Clay

"The Native Americans call it "Ee-Wah-Kee" meaning "The-Mud-That-Heals" Bentonite, as well as other types of healing clay, has been used by indigenous cultures since before recorded history. "The Amargosians (predecessors to the Aztecs ), the Aborigines, and natives of Mexico and South America all recognized the benefit of clays. " "...healing mud not only draws toxic material out of the body if taken internally, but also reduces pain and infection in open wounds on both humans and animals."
    "The eating of clay has been observed in [ native ] peoples and animals in all parts of the world since antiquity. Early writers described the widespread use of kanwa ( earth from a lick near Lake Chad ) for animals and humans in Nigeria. Long journeys were made to [ this ] lick to obtain a tribal supply of this earth, and it was then issued as rations to cattle and humans..." Eaton Earth

Animals, domestic and wild alike, instinctually drawn to clay deposits have been observed licking the clay as part of their everyday diet, and rolling in it to obtain relief from injuries. Clay has helped cows with scours and pneumonia. Veterinarians use it on dogs, cats, horses, etc... for various afflictions including injuries and infections. Pets are helped, too. Recently more information has become available outlining the important role clay can play in the recovery and maintenance of health. Many wild animals, and some people, develop 'pica' when ill, a craving to eat earth - particularly clay, which assuages diarrhoea and binds to many plant poisons. Among the most famous clay-eaters are the parrots of the Amazon. Scarlet macaws, blue and gold macaws, and hosts of smaller birds perch together in their hundreds to excavate the best clay layer along a riverbank. Parrots' regular diet is tree seeds, which the trees defend with toxic chemicals, and clay is an essential buffer to the toxins. Specially formulated clay baths have been shown to be able to literally pull pollutants out like a magnet, getting rid of years of toxic accumulation in just one bath.

What are your thoughts?

Well I don't know much about this for internal use, but I always use clay mask if I have a pimple over night and it usually goes away in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM.
    Avoid kaolin clay. It contains high amounts of aluminium.
    So does deodorant/antiperspirant...

Talking

Yeah, but I don't go around eating speed stik or anything...

Seriously, though, bentonite does not appear (at least, I was unable to find it) in Bensky, Claver and Stoger's Materia Medica (certainly an authoritative source on the matter...), so I'm not sure if it's used in TCM herbal remedies. However, considerable western 'alternative' research indicates bentonite is a useful substance both externally and internally. Internally, it can be used to cleanse toxins from the digestive tract and purge parasites... but before you go buy a pound of bentonite and some whipped cream, do your homework!

peace out

herb ox

here is link to discussion on a pregnant woman who was craving clay
    http://www.susunweed.com/weedforum/v...ight=pica+clay