Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Mantis vs Southern Mantis

My mate Steve's flat. I sleep on a sleeping bag on the floor.

Northern Mantis vs Southern Mantis

Right, I already know the answer but just checkin to see if you do.

Who would win- Northern Mantis or Southern Mantis?

I will only accept answers if they have a good reason.

Deep breath, all together now: THE BEST ONE ON THE DAY! This is so lame, both are totally valid systems, this is just a pointless troll (a bit like you).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

I got a better one!
    Between Batman and Spiderman, who would win?

As Batman has no special powers per se, I'd have to go with Mr Parker
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

My mate Steve's flat. I sleep on a sleeping bag on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    As Batman has no special powers per se, I'd have to go with Mr Parker
    You accuse me of trolling!!! Unbelievable. I am trying to create an interesting debate. I wish everyone would stop being so racist against me.

It is quite sad to see that perhaps the more seasoned members of the forum treat the newer ones with lack of respect and do not respect someone's post. In my opinion the true way of the Mantis is through the heart of the "Zoul" and the spirituality of Wei Lang Ban's tiger fist.

"The people in the Navy look on motherhood as being compatible with being a woman. This is the true way to achieve a spirituality beyond the normality of everyday life."

No Andrew we're just tired of retarded trolling.

Thread starts, hilarity ensues...amirite?

Andrew Brookman does sort of have a point. I don't like trolling etc. but is it not possible that Mega_Fist is actually trying to start a proper debate? He's obtained a pretty bad reputation but this thread doesn't seem too troll-laden! I think people should not be so quick to judge and should be more tolerant.

Mega_Fist, it's impossible to say who would win because it depends on the circumstances of the fight. A more interesting question is "What are the differences between Northern Mantis and Southern Mantis?"

S
    Black Mantis

Exactly, but he didn't ask that, did he? He asked an inflammatory question, offered no real input of his own, and bailed, typical troll behaviour from someone who is typically a troll.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

mega fist

you claim you know the answer to the question of who is better. So who would win and why do you think that? My Sifu used to tell me that his school (spm) in FT. Pierce FL. would go to the Wah Lum temple and crush them. Personaly I've never seen ant Northern Praying mantis in real life so I can't really form an opinion on the subject. But it be I fight I would love to see
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill
    My Sifu used to tell me that his school (spm) in FT. Pierce FL. would go to the Wah Lum temple and crush them. Personaly I've never seen ant Northern Praying mantis in real life so I can't really form an opinion on the subject. But it be I fight I would love to see
    Cool, you mean like challenge fights or something?

I heard Poo Yee's SPM guys are pretty good fighters. Is that the school you're talking about?

I thought Poo Yee and Chan Pui were good friends. What prompted them to fight?
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Re:

Regardless of style the better fighter would win!

" You accuse me of trolling!!! Unbelievable. I am trying to create an interesting debate. I wish everyone would stop being so racist against me."Mega_Fist

To be called a troll is NOT racism, it is an opinion of a personality reflection.

"Regardless of style the better fighter would win!"

Truth indeed.

"My Sifu used to tell me that his school (spm) in FT. Pierce FL. would go to the Wah Lum temple and crush them."

SPM versus Wah Lum would be a highly amusing thing to see, also. And please, do not judge other northern mantis styles against Wah Lum. Not trying to bash Wah Lum, as I used to practice it, but it's not the most...erm...traditional mantis style, I guess you could say. And oh look...I seem to have opened a rusty, old, highly aggressive can of worms.

I have always wanted to see a highly skilled Northern Mantis fighter against an equally skilled Southern Mantis fighter. I have seen both but never in opposition to one another.

8-Step praying mantis versus Bamboo Forest Temple

That would be cool!
    Black Mantis