Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern Mantis vs Southern Mantis

Yeah Who Do U Think Would Win. Most Would Say The Better Fighter But What Makes A Better Fighter. The One Who Threw More Punches And Did The Hitting Or The One Who Used His Foot Work And Defensive Hand Techniques And Never Got Hit

Creed

1. Do not boast of ability or wealth. Do not act arrogantly. Practice humility.
    2. The highly educated must not underestimate others.
    3. Speak in a low voice with respect to seniors and elders.
    4. Be polite and chivalrous in front of ladies. Do not use off color language.
    5. No one sided talk in favor of wealth or money.
    6. Do not blame yourself in poor living.
    7. Speak the necessary words and keep from excess with silence.
    8. Patience is the antidote for an angry tongue.
    9. Do not exaggerate or speak untrue.
    10. Do not boast of yourself, your school, or your teachers.
    11. Do not criticize others, especially other schools, teachers or students.
    12. Do not indulge in too much imagination. Reach for the stars, keeping your feet on the ground.
    13. Do not be stubborn to your point of view.
    14. Always be wholesome, clean and true speaking from the heart.

Not Boasting About It By No Means He Said He Knew, I Just Wanted To Know Why He Thought He Knew

Thumbs up

J-hon, I have been reading the link you posted and must say it is very interesting. I still believe that any given style can beet any other given style on any given day with equally matched fighters. I do northern style but we have some southern flavor in it and I can appreciate getting up close and personal. I do think it would take more then three years to learn such skill. Now back in the day when folks would train all day, every day I can see that it would be more likely and of course they had a strong motivation. War is hell! So in interest of conversation how would two equally matched students be determined??? If it take less time to learn the southern style would it be appropriate to say that a five year student of the south has the advantage? Then if you take more time to learn a system then I would think the information has a greater depth. So a ten year student of the north would have the advantage,, maybe not…. I personally believe that knowing a few good techniques and practicing them over and over would produce instinct like reaction. But after fifteen twenty years now you have two students that have been practicing for many years one who has the fast leant aggressive system and one who has the in-depth slow learnt precision????
    Anyway the one thing I have gathered NPM and SPM are two different styles and to compare the two in a sense of who is the better fighter takes away from many of the other comparisons, of a technical sense.

fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

Now I Can Agree With That And Most Would Say The Better More Experienced Fighter Would Win But Just Knowing A Few Techniques That Are On Point No Matter How Much Skill U Have U Cant Say Who Would Win Be It You've Practiced For Only 2 Months Or Ten Years Its What The One Of These 2 Persons Know What To Do And How To Out Think One Another