Thread: Atlanta Southern Mantis School(s)

Atlanta Southern Mantis School(s)

A friend of mine has recently moved to Atlanta, and wants to learn Southern Mantis. He has asked me if I could find a school for him to try it out at. Soooooo...could any of you give me some recommendations of schools for him to go to? If you don't feel you should post addresses/contact info, feel free to pm me. He's a good guy, and I would like him to get into a good school.

Thanks for your help.

Atlanta, GA
    Jeff Larson (404) 627-5981

This is from Master Poo Yees site. I have heard good things about Master Poo Yees mantis as well as negative. My advice is to go see and make your own decision.

Hope this helps,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Yeah & he another Poo Yee are the the only ones I've heard of here teaching SPM. He's supposed to be pretty darn good. I saw some of their guys in 01 sparring at Shawn Liu's tournie here. They looked a little out of place, but handled themselves nicely in the competition ring with comp rules.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll pass the info along.

In case youre still looking at this thread:

I tried getting in touch with Jeff larson a couple weeks back actually. His number no longer works and after talking to the people at the HQ school in Houston, apparently he wont have a phone until December; kinda strange. Anyway, I was told to contact Peter Ghoulburn (sp?), who is also in Atlanta...

I did so and went out to Atlanta last weekend to train with him. He runs a tight shift with a small convicted class in a park; he is serious about what he does and appears to be quite an effective martial artist. I plan on going out there to train with him on occasion, perhaps Ill see your friend =)

His contact info is on the CKFA website.