Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: weight training frequency. how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Just thought you might appreciate the heads up on Bruce.
    ^ omg Toby, u r sUcH a sMarTa$$ omg lolzzzzzzzz!!!11!1!!!1oneone!!1!1eleven!!1!!!

Whoops, sorry, I thought I was a n00b there for a sec.
    Last edited by IronFist; 12-02-2005 at 10:49 AM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

yeah tell Bruce Lee or other top martial artist that weight lifting is pointless, they'll just laugh at you.

Notice how I didn't just say Bruce Lee? But also other top martial artist? They are alive right? I thought so. IronFIst mind your own business bro. I was talking to Toby.

And even if I was talkin in the present tense, we all know Bruce Lee is dead. I don't see how that implies he's alive? You're freaking stupid.
    Last edited by wind draft; 12-02-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wind draft
    IronFIst mind your own business bro. I was talking to Toby.
    I'm pretty sure forums are public venues for discussion. If you want to talk to Toby in private, send him a PM. Anyone can jump in whenever they want, just like sometimes I jump in and yell at TMAists when I see them tell someone to "lift with their tendons" or some other such foolishness.

And even if I was talkin in the present tense, we all know Bruce Lee is dead. I don't see how that implies he's alive? You're freaking stupid.
    I'm the stupid one because you don't see how what you said implies he's alive? Wow. You must have studied logic about as hard as you studied grammar.

"Tell" is present and future tense. You cannot "tell" someone something if they are already dead. Therefore, any sentence today that begins with "tell Bruce Lee," is wrong.

You're missing the point, who cares if its implied or not. Everyone knows Bruce Lee is dead. Plus I included "other top martial artists" in the sentence. This is an internet chat board, not an English major online class. Plus I didn't think someone would read word by word and analyze everything and go "ooohhh look Bruce Lee's dead but this guy is implying he's alive."

Let's go around and read everyone posts word by word and make fun of other people's grammar. If you knew it was a english grammar why even bother wasting your time arguing with me? And saying "tell Bruce Lee" although he's dead, you don't really "tell Bruce Lee." The subject was about weight lifting and we all know the benefits of weight lifting to martial art. So when I said what I said, it was like a figure of speech. Just like when you're telling your friends something the is really crazy and they say "Nah uh shut up.. get outta here!" Do your friends really mean shut up and get out of here? You see what I mean? It doesn't matter that I said "Tell Bruce Lee and other top martial artist that weight lifting sucks and they'll laugh at you." Isn't this just like a figure of speech kinda thing?

I'm not going to argue with you about your poor grammar and faulty logic skills.

The point is, you should show a little more respect for senior forum members such as Toby, who, in particular, is one of the most knowledgable members on here. There's really no need to come on here with "sh*t" this and "smart ass" that.

You know.... you're right my language use of smarta$$, Sh*t, and calling you stupid was not cool. And I'm sorry for that. And that only. I overreacted after Toby statement which I felt was a smarta$$ statement.

Come on he said: "I hate to be the one to tell you dude, but Bruce Lee is dead. He died a long time ago."

"I hate to be the one to tell you?" Doesn't that sound like a smarta$$? I know he's dead.

wind draft, nah uh shut up.. get outta here!

You understand, it's just like a figure of speech kinda thing.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo