Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Tai Shing Pek Kwar

Sow Choy
    Was that the pek kwar dahn do taught at a seminar at Tournament 2000? I took that seminar and it was a really nice set. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    I have three questions for those in the know in TSPK.
    Does CSC's TSPK have a ring form like Paulie Zink demonstrates on his tape?
    Are any of the sets that Paulie Zink performs in his tapes a part of CSC's TSPK?
    Please no Zink bashing. These are honest questions.
    Any idea when the TSPK website will be back up?
    If I give you honest answers, you'll say it's bashing

Zink knows NO Dai Sing Pek Gwa. All the monkey he does he made up. I know someone who knew him for YEARS. Knew him when his monkey sifu was supposed to be a secret (because he didn't know anything about Dai Sing back then). He knew him before Zink got a copy of Master Chan's book. In fact, my friend GAVE Zink the book and helped him translate it... after that, Zink suddenly remembered his teacher and lineage

I have done the three Pek Gwa forms that YC Wong learned from Gan Duk Hoi... what Zink does looks NOTHING like it...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

As far as I know...

Master Chow keung knows all 5 Monkey sets... I have seen the pen form, the one I saw is definitely Pek Kwar... I will ask next time about the Broadsword set being monkeyish... :P

Yaosing,

I believe they taught Pek Kwar Dahn Do & Ying Yang Fist...

As far as Paulie Zink... I gave them a copy of a Zink video on Monkey... They were in tears laughing... They said there is not one similarity at all...

I hope the Tai Shing Pek Kwar under Chan Sau Chung grows... They have alot of great Kung Fu to offer...

Joe

4. Guys,
    Thank you for your open answers!
    Telling the truth is not bashing if done in a respectful way. I think your answers were both honest and respectful.
    If I may ask, why was Zink given this book? Was Sifu Chan aware of it?
    From what I have seen of Zink's tapes, he seems talented in what he does. Whether it is TSPK or not. If it isn't, he should just change the name of what he does and continue on his own path.
    It seems that he and YC Wong have some type of relationship. If Zink doesn't know Pek Kwar, why does Wong (who did study Pek Kwar with Lam Jo) hang with him? Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

I must admit going in to that seminar I was really expecting to see some monkey type moves in it but as it turned out there were none and it was a really nice set.

Actually I was releived that it wasn't just some half-assed monkeying around set put together just for a seminar.

TSPK looks to be some really good stuff from what I've seen.

Guys,
    Thank you for your open answers!
    Telling the truth is not bashing if done in a respectful way. I think your answers were both honest and respectful.
    If I may ask, why was Zink given this book? Was Sifu Chan aware of it?
    From what I have seen of Zink's tapes, he seems talented in what he does. Whether it is TSPK or not. If it isn't, he should just change the name of what he does and continue on his own path.
    It seems that he and YC Wong have some type of relationship. If Zink doesn't know Pek Kwar, why does Wong (who did study Pek Kwar with Lam Jo) hang with him? Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Zink wasn't really GIVEN the book. He got the book some how. As for YC Wong, he learned some Pek Kwar from the TSPK family.

7. lkfmdc,
    How did your friend get a copy of Master Chan's book? What type of book was it, techniques and forms or historical?

Flying Monkey,
    Yes, I knew that YC Wong learned from TSPK lineage. My question is, if Zink is a fraud, why would YC Wong associate with him? Even take him to see Lam Jo who studied with KTH? On Zink's website there is a picture of Matsuda and Wong practicing a PK form together. If the forms are truly unrelated how would this be possible?
    Also, I have seen several people on the Internet refer to Zink as a fraud. Isn't it possible that Zink is just repeating what his instructor told him? I know that I have heard some whoppers from a few of my past instructors.
    Please realize that I am not associated with either side of this debate. I train in and teach a totally different style of Monkey Kung Fu. There just seems to be some unanswered questions from both camps. So, being nosey I am asking questions.
    Thank you for your patience and responses!
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 11-17-2006 at 04:40 PM.

I don't know Paulie Zink...

If I met him I would shake his hand and be respectfull... He is very flexible, but the video I saw was really out there... I don;t know monkey, but from what I saw, the techniques and applications would get you killed... So I still am not crazy about monkey techniques and there usefullness...

But from watching Chan Sau Chung and Chow Keung, they have a strong pek kwar backround and then the monkey they do seems more practical... less fooling around, they seem to do with ease... I still have not seen anyone as good as Chan Sau Chung, his son or Chow Keung...

Zink studied Hung Gar 1st either from YC Wong or Buk Sam Kong... He is now teaching Yoga I hear, I know he had a video on Yoga also... I have no problem with the guy, but I personally do not believe him to be Tai Shing Pek Kwar, maybe another monkey style? Or another type of Kung Fu he invented...

If so, that's fine... Let his students test it out in the ring, cage or competition... Like all the other arts...

Joe

How did your friend get a copy of Master Chan's book? What type of book was it, techniques and forms or historical?
    Chan Sau Chung printed and published a commercial book in the 1970's. My friend was there in Hong Kong studying with him and came back to the US with a box full of the books. He sold one to Zink, and regretted it for a long time because Zink copied the book and used it for his fraud

Also, I have seen several people on the Internet refer to Zink as a fraud. Isn't it possible that Zink is just repeating what his instructor told him?
    NO, Zink knows he is full of it. He used to lie about having a secret teacher for years, then after buying the Dai Sing Pek Gwa book suddenly claimed that lineage

If he said "I just do monkey kung fu" then it would be fine, but he claims to do a certain system and lineage and what he does is NOT that lineage
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

What about the Cho Chat Ling guy Zink claimed was his teacher? He didn't do a good job of creating a lineage by claiming a teacher no one ever saw or heard of, right?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    What about the Cho Chat Ling guy Zink claimed was his teacher? He didn't do a good job of creating a lineage by claiming a teacher no one ever saw or heard of, right?
    Those people are not real people. He made them up.

David, I still have one copy of the book that Steven brougth back from Hong Kong. I'll call him this week to see if he has any other copies. I remember he had like 100 of them...

I also have some very cool pics of CSC that he took when he trained with him in Hong Kong. Some cool monkey and weapon poses. I will try to scan the cover of the book and a few pics this weekend.

MP

I believe there are 3 books that CSC put out. I only have 2 of them.

The red one I got from our mutual friend Steve and the blue one I found in a book store on Pell Street before it went' out of business.

The red one has 3 hand forms etc.
    The blue one has a sword form and some applications, etc.

take a look

red book cover

I must have the third one then. I'll scan and post the cover by tomorrow.