Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remedy for Excessive Sweating?

uhhh....

For some reason I thought he was referring to 'palpitations' as sweaty palms... not palpitiations... probably no need for a cardiologist... probably no need for panic, either.

Quote Originally Posted by -disciple-
    So i how would i go about preparing and taking wu wei zi, as well as how much, etc. Keep in mind i know nothing of TCM and such. I do have access to weighing equipment and a mortar & pestle though, if necesasry. Information such as this is what i need. Formulas or recipes or whatever.
    I think you can just take a small hand full and put it in a ceramic or glass pot with a cover. Add water, let soak 30 min, boil then simmer for a total of 45 min. This is a short cut method. The way how you are supposed to do it is boil 30 min then strain, then boil again 30 min and strain. At the 2 mixes. This is kind of hard to keep up with. See how you do with a small handful. You can move up to a bigger handful after a few days if no adverse reaction. Just judge by taste. The liquid should have a sour flavor, but not intollerably sour. Alse pale red, not dark dark red. If it is extremely sour, or dark red then add water to dilute it.

Sorry, didnt see this thread earlier...

Generally, you might want to look into herbs that constrict and obstruct, but you wont want to use any of this class if your constipated...A few quick examples:

- shanzhuyu (sour mountain date) constricts and obstructs movements and can be used for perspiration. Starting dosage 5 g.

- Not sure if youll be able to get it, but mahuanggen (Chinese Ephedra root) will check excessive perspiration and night sweats. Starting dose 3 g.

- wuweizi (Five-flavored seed) can check excessive perspiration, as well as do alot of other things like tonify the heart. Starting dose 5 g.

Baizhu (white atractylode) is an herb that corrects deficiencies; in this case it can dry dampness and check perspiration. Starting dose 5 g rhizome.

Quote Originally Posted by -disciple-
    more of a constant cold sweat.
    I mentioned above using shanzhuyu. Shanzhuyu and renshen (ginseng radix) have been used to treat extremely cold sensations after profuse sweating. Not sure if this fits your bill or not but figured Id throw it out there...

mahuanggen

...just to reinforce the difference of mahuang (herba ephedra) and mahuanggen (radix ephedra) - the root has nearly opposite effects of the plant. Mahuang PROMOTES sweating, whereas its root (radix) CHECKS prespiration. Make sure you get the mahuanggen (radix ephedra) or you could make your condition worse.

good luck

herb ox

Thanks!

Thanks all for your help. I did meent sweaty palms when i said palpitations, not irregular heart beat. No need for worry there. Anyways, thanks!