Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BTL- Why did you delete your own thread??

Quote Originally Posted by bungbukuen
    Shirkers,

Master Brendan Lai was a highly respected teacher and a highly respected fighter. If you are going to make comments about not liking Master Lais "flavour" then at least have the COURTESY and RESPECT to explain what you dont like about his fight game. We are all listening...

I never met the man in person, I've heard many great things about him from fellow practitioners. Read many articles on him and had high standards as to what he was capable of. The only video material I've seen of him at the time was when he was in his later years. Recently I did get to see some vid from him when he was younger and I liked that viewing a lot more very crisp and clean. So I can't comment on what he was capable of which I didn't by the way. I've never seen the man fight or move in person. So I would never say he wasn't a good fighter or sucked in general. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth or make it out like I was bad mouthing someone.

What I said was his "flavor" meaning the way he looked while performing forms that I saw I didn't really like flavor wise. I like the way my teacher moves in his forms and that's a personal taste, but I don't like the way his teacher moves in forms. I did like the way his teacher fought though. That doesn't mean I don't think either of them are less martial artists.. Just like music or movies. You like the way they look or sound. It doesn't mean that the music or movie isn't good. Just a personal taste in flavor that's all. So get off of your high mountain of thin skin and relax.

So I'm sure that my answer wasn't RESPECTFUL enough for you, or maybe it was I don't know. But I think you probably know that I don't care either. Since when are we not allowed to have a personal opinion of what we like or not like?

mark e mark out!

On a side note I'll be happy to RESPECT you enough to show you some COURTESY and discuss this face to face if you like.... You have my contact information.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 11-11-2005 at 08:29 AM.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Shame on you shirkers1 for having an opinion and speaking your mind.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    Shame on you shirkers1 for having an opinion and speaking your mind.

Thanks ou ji.. It's been a while since I've cracked a smile. I needed that.

I don't know man lately stuff just sucks and I really don't need some cat on a computer questioning my opinions like I can't have one. Especially making it out like I'm saying something I'm not.

Bungbo you picked the wrong time to be calling me out. Even if you would have just asked me to explain myself without the "attitude" I would have been fine I think. But for some reason this isn't sitting well with me right now.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

I just have a problem with touchy cry baby Martial Artists. In my book a real MA speaks his mind and stands up to it. There's a difference between being rude or disrespectful and having an opinion.

I've seen a lot of guys that move really weird to me and I don't care for it much but it seems to work for them.

You get more respect from me speaking your mind than caving in to popular opinion and being politically correect.

D a m n, we need a less politically correct way to say politically correct.

I just have a problem with touchy cry baby Martial Artists. In my book a real MA speaks his mind and stands up to it. There's a difference between being rude or disrespectful and having an opinion.

I've seen a lot of guys that move really weird to me and I don't care for it much but it seems to work for them.

You get more respect from me speaking your mind than caving in to popular opinion and being politically correect.

D a m n, we need a less politically correct way to say politically correct.
    Exactly... agree 100%

Thanks Shirkers for explaining.

I just dont want to see anyone pull another WM. There has been enough nonesense on this thread already.

Ouji - agreed it is perfectly legitamate to have an opinion and a different one at that. But speaking up for oneself also means explaining oneself. I think it just helps the rest of us understand where you are coming from. I think its fair.

Peace
    Last edited by bungbukuen; 11-12-2005 at 12:14 AM.

A little bit of explanation always helps to avoid unnecessary argument. His use of the word flavor indicated to me it was more of a personal taste thing.

Pressing for specifics will get you nowhere when it comes to personal taste. It's also easy to misjudge intentions when reading Internet forums, especially with limited wording.

Now back to leaning on WhiteMonkey to explain his comments.

A little bit of explanation always helps to avoid unnecessary argument. His use of the word flavor indicated to me it was more of a personal taste thing.

Pressing for specifics will get you nowhere when it comes to personal taste. It's also easy to misjudge intentions when reading Internet forums, especially with limited wording.

Now back to leaning on WhiteMonkey to explain his comments.
    Once again agree...

As for WM I'm afraid here is where the spine ends.. This cat doesn't seem to have one, so we'll never get an answer.