Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hung Sing Original Hand forms

You may have a little information on this line, but out of those 12 forms you have written down 4 of them are created by descendants of Jeung Yim, including the Drunken Form. Of the other 8, they may or may not be originally from Jeung Yim, though that is the story.

Keilun

While that is probably true (indeed, I do know that the drunken form was not from Jeong Yim), it's not exactly what you said in your original post, is it?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    the jeong yim branch does not teach the drunken 8 immortals, it is not typically a jeong yim form. however, there is a drunken form from fut san that jeong yim did pass down i forger the name but it has Jui in its name. still, it is a closely guarded set and they are very selective with who they pass it down to.

Ben Gash,

Pretty clever arent you. Yes, I suppose I didnt say that properly. What I should have said is that we have 8 core forms, that are practiced in all of our branches, and we hold those to be our original material. Of the remaining 4 on your list (there are 6 more actually) , depending on who the teacher is there is little or alot of attention placed on those forms because they are not our core ones, I like them though.

Hskwarrior,

I think that one may be "jui lau keun" your thinking of, but I may me mistaken.

Indeed, that's the form I was referring to.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    yeah thats the one, but its jow not lau. im sure chui kwong yuen has it since he is of our lineage in the fut san hsk.

fut san holds it as a treasured set, not sure to how the moves are compared to other teachers, you know each school may have a different version but the set is still the same.

hsk

Blog Entries
    I also have "Jui Lau Kuen" on my big list. Translates as something like "Drunken Slip Fist." I got the name of that form from a student of that Green Dragon Guy in Canada. Sorry, forgot his name. I think he's a classmate of Paul Chan.

That form isn't from Green Dragon. The guy you got it from left Chan Yin Wah in 2000, and for a while trained with a Hung Sing Guy (which is where he got Joi Lau Kuen), before meeting and becoming a disciple of his new master.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    That form isn't from Green Dragon. The guy you got it from left Chan Yin Wah in 2000, and for a while trained with a Hung Sing Guy (which is where he got Joi Lau Kuen), before meeting and becoming a disciple of his new master.
    Ah so....

That Hung Sing Guy was me, and I didnt teach him Jui Lau Keun. But it was from him that my list got out in the first place.

Ahh, I did wonder
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

i know that a hop gar school in hong kong only trains individual seed fists and drills.

are there any notable CLF practitioners that only train drills and seed fists?