Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Sing Original Hand forms

Blog Entries
    shaolin dynasty, is to hon cheung related to au hon cheung?

It wouldn't appear so since "To" and "Au" would be different last names. To Hon Cheung was a student of Fong Yuk Shu.

Blog Entries
    i thought the cheung was the last name while au and to being the first names?

Chinese write the last name first.

Blog Entries
    clfnole,

i have been raised around chinese all my life. i know this already. i think the chinese population outranks florida's greatly, so aside from language there's not much you can teach me about the chinese, bro. im no square when it comes to chinese. just because i chose not to go and date, marry, or hunt down chinese girls, or even begin to think im chinese, doesn't mean that i am clueless to the chinese at all.

when it comes to language i suck.

and not all chinese use the last name first.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-11-2005 at 08:48 AM.

Dude don't get your panties in a bunch. Who said you were clueless?

To Hon Cheung was from Hong Kong all Hong Kong people use last name first, not the U.S. way. Generally only Americanized chinese will write their names the US way, 9 time out of 10 its the traditional way, but then you already knew that since you have been around chinese all your life. As a CLF person I would have thought for sure you may have heard of To Hong Cheung.

By the way why do you always have to bring up dating a chinese? My wife is chinese, so what, she was my sifu's daughter, again so what. I could care less if she was from Timbucktu, people are people.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 11-11-2005 at 09:27 AM.

****! that had to be some crazy pressure initially. Dating your Sifu's daughter, especially knowing who your Sifu was, and how protective some of your senior classmates and uncles/aunts must have been.

Brother#9

Lets put it this way, I always joke if my sifu were still alive I probably wouldn't be. He knew we were dating but passed away soon after because of the heart transplant. We married over 4 years later but you can bet your arse he heard many things from his older students like "make sure you take good care of her or else!!".

Actually I have a good relationship with my sifu's senior students because they know I have put my money were my mother is and took care of his family. My mother-in-law still lives with me and can always if she wants.

I wouldn't recommend it but love is love.

To is the last name. I wonder what his skill was like, I met his son To Sum and he is of advanced age but crazy fast and has incredible footwork.

Anyway, the confusion over lein wan kuen shows that it would be nearly impossible to compile a list of all forms from all schools of CLF. Some may have the same name but be a different set, also sifu a creating new forms all the time.

I place my greatest emphasis on basic skills, good for fighting and good for learning whatever forms I want.

I belive the basic skills are more important than any "original form", come to think of it the basic skills must have been created before the "original" forms. So that would make them the core.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    i don't wear panties! I wear g-strings! Get it straight!

YOU wear Panties,....the ruffly kind!

get some help bro! seriously!

Now there's a visual none of us wanted.

*pulls out Victoria's Secret catalog to flush my eyes*

What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Blog Entries
    i don't always bring up dating chinese. i don't know where you got that from. you must feel under the spot light with dating someone outside of your race, but to inform you, i personally have never in my life (37 years now) dated a white girl. i have always been attracted to asian my whole life, but my girl now is mexican, but so what?! if it doesn't bother you than don't sweat anyone mentioning white guys dating asian girls.

now, if you don't know already, there are a lot of "wannabe-Chinese" folks out there. and they all want to do is learn gung fu and date chinese girls, act like their chinese, get chinese style hair cuts, start driving rice rockets instead of the good old chevy muscle cars. often-more often than not you have a bunch of white people (usually i see it from white folks) who learn a little chinese, although never in their past have they done this but now are dating chinese girls, then have to nerve to correct chinese or anyone else for that matter about the usage of their own language.

clfnole. you don't come from a place with such a asian population as the bay area. you don't see what goes on over hear. you may or may not be one of those white guys who dated asian girls because it was different than anything or anyone they've ever dated. who you married is your own business. in my post i wasn't referring to you indirectly or directly, it was general. so don't take what i said personal. there is no crusade for "white guys who date asian girls" thing happening here. ALL I WAS REFERRING TO WAS WHITE GUYS WHO LOSE THEIR OWN IDENTITIES AFTER GETTING A LITTLE TASTE OF ASIAN PUNANNY.

as i've said, knowing the chinese culture is as common as Volvo's are to white people.

For those who say "But he's white himself".....i never grew up around white people. mom's was an only child, pops is of filipino/irish desent. so i was raised around a lot of filipino's, chinese, mexicans, african americans. Never any caucasians. so don't be mad, this was all i knew for most of my life. I'm broadening my horizons!

nothing pesonal clfnole! but can i borrow your panties.

oh, and since you married a chinese, you lost all your power. becaucse chinese girls are the boss in the relationship. haha!

Blog Entries
    ou ji, don't lie, tell the truth!

let them know you bought me them g-strings

hahahahahahaha

Frank:

I am more of a briefs guy myself because those G-Strings itch like crazy. You got the boss thing right thats for sure, just kidding actually my wife isn't bad in that department she just spends too much money shopping.

The way you wrote your post earlier you addressed it to "clfnole" and in said at least you don't chase chinese, etc..., so I assumed you were referring to me. If it wasn't addressed to me I wouldn't have taken it personal but your brought up my wife in a previous post in which you thought I was attacking you. I drive a Volvo and my wife is the only chinese or asian girl I have ever dated, no rice rocket or frog button shirts for me.

In any case I have nothing against you but you seem to get rather defensive sometimes when there is no reason to. Remember this whole internet thing is a bit of a joke to begin with.

Peace.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 11-11-2005 at 06:33 PM.

The Choy Lee Fut of the Chui Cheung Assoc. only has 8 forms. Among these are Taai Ji Keun, Ping Ji Keun, Tin Ji Keun and Gok Ji Keun. I have never heard of these forms outside of this association... except in the movie "Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut" where he went through these forms.
    I have a load of information on this line, and I've actually got 12 forms written down.(Sow Choy, this is the line that drunken form is from).
    I've also got a list of Chan Yiu Chi forms which states 28 hand forms (including all ten animals).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk