Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bragging - so hot right now

Bragging - so hot right now

In line with my reputation as a braggard, I pulled a PR today. 396.83lb == 2 x bodyweight. I've always wanted to crack the magical 400lb. Next time it's mine. DL has been feeling really good lately and today was no exception. Good form, no curved back, straight up with no worries. Now I've just gotta increase squats. Bench is going well too. I think it was at 286lb at few cycles back? Or maybe 292lb? I haven't tried for a PR for a while. Seems my bodyweight is at a pretty good level for me right now, although I'm carrying much more fat than I'd like. At least I've reached the 1000lb powerlifting total that I always wanted to reach. Back on the creatine again as of 4 days ago. I stopped for a month this time.</end random blogging stuff>
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Nice job, dude.

My turn.

<brag>

I just got the vids of my powerlifting meet (waaaaay back in March) hosted at anabolicextreme.com. Unfortunately, that site has been down for maintenance for like a week now (changing forum software or something), but I was gonna post them when I had time. It's me DLing 325lbs @ 161lbs (3 pounds over double bw w00t) and doing 18 full range pullups. Not like I would have to specify that my pullups are full range, but one time my friend said he could do more pullups than me and then I watched him go down about half way and bounce all over the place and I'm like dude, those don't count "

I think I've only deadlifted about twice since then

But I'm back to doing squats to try and add some quad size.

</brag>
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I just pulled 405 a couple nights ago w/out a belt for the first time, and without peaking. I couldn't repeat it, but I feel I could hit it during any random workout, which is nice. Also, no undue soreness afterwards. I recently lost some weight unintentionally and weigh 195 now. Squat seems to have backslid just a bit, but then again I focused on it for perhaps too long, several months.

Bench has gone down over the last 6-10 months, strangely. But that moves pretty quickly when I focus on it. To a point, at least.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 11-04-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Congratulations on the PRs everyone!

You guys are strong. Nice work.

Speaking of bragging,
    I was walking down the street the other day.
    I was passing a Caravan. It look pretty light for a mini van , so I decided to lift.
    Of coarse, I am not stupid, I was not going to go over to a van and lift it.
    Instead I came over to a nearby mazda and did a few reps instead. Now I was totally warmed up. I banged about 20 shoulder presses with the wan.
    Next morning I was a little sore, but that's because I did not stretch properly after the mini vann presses.

^ Actually, this one time, some smaller car, like a Chevy Cavalier or something was blocking this other guy's car in, so we picked it up and moved it. I think there were 4 of us. We didn't pick the whole car up, but we picked up the back and swung it out of the way. I felt fvcking cool that day. "Yeah man, we just picked some guys car and moved it." w00t.

^ You can move a car fairly easily by bouncing it on it's springs.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Nice work guys. All my maxes have plummetted rather far. The only thing I could do over 300 lbs now if probably DL. **** you gymnastics! I'm slowly working my way back up though. I'm trying something fun with my pull-ups which left me feeling pretty sore for my first time in ages after pull-ups. I'm doing a 613 tempo. I can get about 10 or for my first set, but then after that it goes down considerably. I'm happy I work out at home. What an ego crusher!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "613 tempo"

as in

6 up
    1 pause
    3 down

or do I have that backwards?

good job everyone.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yeah, I'm getting alot of comments

re: deadlift -- 1. man, be careful with that! 2. What's that for?

re: squat -- You need to get a belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    "613 tempo"

as in

6 up
    1 pause
    3 down

or do I have that backwards?

good job everyone.
    Backwards... 6 down; 1 pause on bottom; 3 up

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    Yeah, I'm getting alot of comments

re: deadlift -- 1. man, be careful with that! 2. What's that for?

re: squat -- You need to get a belt!
    "Squating is bad for your knees" I've gotten this one before.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
    I can get about 10 or for my first set, but then after that it goes down considerably.
    That seems to be the trend with me for everything. Stupid years of low rep training I'll do like 15 or 12 or something on my first set, I'll be feeling awesome, and then on my next set I'll hit failure at like 6. Then, if I try a 3rd set, I'll fail at around 4. I'm like wtf? I'm especially bad with this on biceps curls.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
    Backwards... 6 down; 1 pause on bottom; 3 up
    gotcha, thanks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"