Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bragging - so hot right now

Pffft. Bicep curls... That's what you get, sissy.

Yeah. I can do pullups all day, I can do weighted pullups for half the day, and I can do a 1 armed pullup once a day, but the moment I try biceps curls with some girly-ass 25lb dumbells my biceps are like "hell no, we're not doing this s.hit."

Or, maybe I just have trouble because I use a full ROM when I do curls. Maybe I should try using 45lb dumbells and go from all the way up to 2/3 of the way up and back again for my ROM. Then I could probably get more reps.

Except all the people who do it that way have way bigger arms than me.

Maybe having s.hitty form DOES make you big.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

haha! I hear ya. Because of the whole bb'ing experiement, I'm doing curls for the first time in years. I loaded 95 lbs on the barbell and could eek out all of 4 with good form. Last time I did curls regularly, I was doing sets of 10 with 135! But man, all my maxes really have gone done. That gymnastics experiement was a BIG mistake. I have a kick ass advanced tuck planche now... yay.

ford's street cred < sevenstar's street cred

" i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

You will pay for that. Oh yes. You will pay.

I get the biggest front shoulder pump from biceps curls. I hate it. Even when I do DB curls on a recline bench. Even when I use an arm blaster belt. Even when I do preacher curls, which I don't like, because all the tension runs out in the top half of the movement (and coincidentally all the frat boys only do the top half of this movement). We have one machine at my gym where your arms go on a horizontal preacher bench and you do curls (it's a machine, remember, so the fact that this wouldn't work with free weights due to gravity doesn't come into play), and if I use that, and I consciously push DOWN with my elbows as hard as I can, I can sometimes keep my front delts out of it. Think of this as the same principle as Janda situps, but for biceps. By actively flexing my rear delts, it should force my front delts to relax.

Now, I know that front delts are supposed to come into play a bit in biceps curls, but when I finish a set (with strict form, no less), and I have a huge delt pump and my arms are tiny and look like toothpics stuck in an orange (the arm coming out of the shoulder), I get p.issed.

I must have really messed up neural pathways or something.

Then again, I get a huge front delt pump from flat bench, too. And squats. And situps. That's why I have big ass strong shoulders and I never do shoulder movements.
    Last edited by IronFist; 11-10-2005 at 04:47 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

OK, you guys lost me.