Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shanghai mantis - closed??

shanghai mantis - closed??

Could someone please explain to me why the Shanghai mantis thread was closed? I was just enquiring some information on anybody that has seen or talked to them lately. I don't think i offended anybody by asking that question or trying to find out if the rumour of the challenge was true or not. As I said earlier, if you don't know anything about it, or do not like the question, just don't answer it!! I am sure that there is somebody out there that might know what happened to them.
    thanks

Little Mantis

You should stop with this line of questioning before you get pulled in for alleged links to Al Qaeda. I mean, links to the Shanghai group.

I was lurking when all that was on before. It's pretty obvious stuff. The 8 Step guys get to go on for 3 pages and several threads, but the Shanghai thread gets closed in a moment. Why? Because the Shanghai group were attacking Cottrell and BTL is his student.

There. Now no one needs to answer this thread anymore.

Posting before all hell breaks loose

Just wanted to say you didn't offend me, settle down, don't worry about it. If you want to see some reasons why everyone gets touchy about the Shanghai Group®, then start looking back a couple years. When it starts becoming incessantly childish, you're there. Wish I were joking.

It seems that they take a few months off between flame wars, so just give it some time and they'll be back.

why.

Why? Because its was your first post & you started basicly nothing more that a troll post. Thats pretty much why.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

"I was lurking when all that was on before. It's pretty obvious stuff. The 8 Step guys get to go on for 3 pages and several threads, but the Shanghai thread gets closed in a moment. Why? Because the Shanghai group were attacking Cottrell and BTL is his student. '

Great post... good to see others can see the light, take the announcement threads, started by Cottrell...... he even closed them????

Also Littlemantis, if you dont state your teacher's name... where you are from.... what your real name is....shoe size....... favorite cereal....IQ score.....highschool
    .....car make........toothpaste brand.......or post anything not in his liking.....BTL will and his cronies will label you a troll

Welcome to the forum.

WM
    Last edited by WhiteMonkey; 11-08-2005 at 08:42 AM.
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

My reasoning.

Um,..no. The reason is, I do not wish anything ill/unfounded said about the Shanghai group. The 8-step thread I knew would get a rapid reply from a knowlwdgable source & it was. The Shanghi group has not had any representation here in a while & I do not wish them besmurched under these circumstances.....specialy by someone that is obviously hate-monger trolling.

Best wishes to all,
    ~BTL
    I know a lot of things.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

FWIW I think BTL does a pretty good job staying neutral here and making sure all voices are heard.

I'm sure he's confident his teacher can take a punch whether face to face or on an online forum.

And I agree that was a lousy way to get started posting. You probably didn't meant it but it comes off like you're just looking for dirt and mudslinging. Why not post a specific question directly to the Shanghai Group and see if they answer?

WhiteMonkey
    I manage to slip by the troll alert even though I don't post my personal bio. Most likeley because I don't troll (although I do have fun at times).
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Before this thread gets shut down, could someone post the link to their website? I've lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemantis
    I don't think i offended anybody by asking that question or trying to find out if the rumour of the challenge was true or not.
    I think the traditional way of challenges is that it stays between the fighters involved. Don't expect an announcement of the results if it did happen.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

I believe it's http://tanglang.lifehome-china.com/index.html

I find it interesting, White Monkey, that you won't reply to anyone's questions to your complaints when you seem so eager to talk.
    Last edited by Lu Bu; 11-08-2005 at 09:48 AM. Reason: too much with the hyper text transfer protocol

Thanks! (BTW, you put an extra http in there ).

Thank you for responding to my question. Even though I have been reading this forum for some time, this is my first time posting and I was only interested in finding out more info on the Shanghai group since they kind of disappeared. I have no intention to troll. I thought this was a forum that we could talk openly about all things regarding Kung Fu. Like I said earlier, I thought what the Shanghai group used to post was mainly educational sure they sometimes crossed the line when the started to insult people, but if you really looked at the posts from an outside point of view there was never anything really wrong with it.

In regards to the challenge that supposedly happened there, i wanted to find out if that was true or not, but I will accept Ou Ji reply to it, as it sounds reasonable.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry for not explaining from the begining. Despite rumors, I truely do try to be fair.
    Best wishes,
    ~BTL
    I know a lot of things.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Naw I answer all post's....... just not in the way others want !
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMonkey
    Naw I answer all post's....... just not in the way others want !
    Like calling for a discussion then being too chicken-sh** to follow through? Yeah you're a brave one......
    Last edited by BeiTangLang; 11-08-2005 at 05:48 PM.
    I know a lot of things.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!