Thread: Siu Ping Kuen

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Siu Ping Kuen

I recently viewed a dvd on this form by Shane Lacey, and it was very different from the Hung Sing (Chan) version I learned, although it definately had some similarities , maybe about five sequences looked familiar. It was a heckuva lot longer, as I have noticed with the few Buk Sing forms I have seen. I have a few questions on this;
    one-how is it different is it from other Buk Sing versions-I know each Sifu does the forms differently, and it could also have been modified for the dvd. I was simply interested. and two-are there any dvd's or vids on the Hung Sing version? I totally forgot this set and I would like to review it. There was a guy in NYC who did this set-exactly how I'd learned it, but he is no longer around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    and two-are there any dvd's or vids on the Hung Sing version? .
    http://www.makskungfu.com/products/videos/Video.html

Remember also that siu ping kuen is a shortened version of ping kuen so it could vary in length depending on how much you cut out. We refer to the two forms in our line as siu ping kuen and dai ping kuen. Same goes for sup gee kow dah, we have a siu and a dai with the dai being the regular long set.

There are many variations of ping kuen just as there are siu moi fah.

is Shane Lacey's the only Buk Sing on dvd/video out there? I seem to remember a guy who put out some footage, but when I went to his site, it was closed.

Where did you get the DVD from?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    is Shane Lacey's the only Buk Sing on dvd/video out there? I seem to remember a guy who put out some footage, but when I went to his site, it was closed.
    You want Hung Sing or Bak Sing? I posted a link to a Hung Sing DVD for you....whadda ya want?

i want it all! LOL
    I used to study Hung Sing, so I would like to have a reference for the sets I had learned, but I am also very interested in Buk Sing.
    I don't recall where I got the Shane Lacey tape. I think it was a gift.

i've seen the tape available on ebay just today, under, shen martial arts shop, take a look.