Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Effective MA Style for Multiple Attackers?

Most Effective MA Style for Multiple Attackers?

In your opinion, what is the most effective MA Style for facing multiple attackers. I already know that it's best not to have to fight multiple opponents, and that it's reccomended you run away, etc, etc. Im looking for what you all consider to be the most effective MA Style for multiple opponents. Is there one? Your opinions please.

From what little I know I would have to say aki jujitsu would be pretty effective if you learned what you needed to know about multiple attackers.
    Mind like water.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    smart girl
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I won't venture a guess about the "best" but Choy Lay Fut is known to be amongst the best for multiple attackers.
    Figure Eight

I dont think its so much a case of style more a case of how you train that style, even bjj could be used against multiple attackers J/k
    But seriously if you take any martial art that trains for 2-3 on 1 confrontations , with half an ounce of realism, then you will find that they are all pretty much the same, going to a tkd school which emphasises realism and not sport orientated, i believe is much better than going to a hung gar school that teaches you all forms and no application. Even though at first glance something like hung gar i would say is orientated at taking out opponents fast.

Automatic-rifle-fu
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Believe it or not. All styles are designed to fight multiple opponent's till you drop or fall.

Ba Gua may hit high mid low, left right, front and rear in turns. That is the advantage of moving around in a circle.

Other styles are more like 4 directions or 4 fronts. Left right, front, and rear. They are equivalent to west, east, north and south.

Xing Yi may fight only one front at a time but you may still turn your front to 4 directions in turn.

etc etc.

Great Zod!

Defense against multiple attackers is about strategy and tactics. Technique is subordinate to both of those so 'style' doesn't enter into the equation.

The number of dumb ass threads on this forum is approaching critical mass.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

If you use a long staff, a long spear, a broad sword etc from your style practice;

You know you are fighting with multiple opponents all the time.

There are a couple of terms.

Lai Wan or come and go. You move forward and back. You move left and right etc. There are defense and attack on 2 fronts or more.

Hui Zhuan or turning around. Again there are attacks on multiple fronts.

Every step and move have to attack on one front or 2 fronts or more at the same time.

For example, we use a long staff.

We swing low to the left to hit the leg of the opponent on the left. We then swing back to the right to hit the leg of the opponent on the right.

We swing upward to the left and the right to hit the head.upper arm of the opponent on the left and right.

etc etc.

you punch right fist forward to hit the chest of the opponent in the front. when you retract your right fist, you elbow strike the opponent in the back.

Or your right fist forward and your left elbow backward to hit the opponent in the front and the back at the same time.

etc etc

Last edited by SPJ; 11-09-2005 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -disciple-
    In your opinion, what is the most effective MA Style for facing multiple attackers. I already know that it's best not to have to fight multiple opponents, and that it's reccomended you run away, etc, etc. Im looking for what you all consider to be the most effective MA Style for multiple opponents. Is there one? Your opinions please.
    no. there is no one style that has as it's only focus multiple opponents.
    every style has some way or lesson in how to deal with such an encounter.
    concepts like:

-keep a line of escape where possible
    -don't open your back to any of them
    -take the big one first/take the leader first
    -take the weak ones first
    -get to higher ground
    -keep your back to a wall
    -avoid a clinch situation
    -avoid the ground
    -strike and escape

and so on
    Kung Fu is good for you.

biased

hey im gonna say it ba ba ba BAJI.
    Heres why.
    It is designed to concentrate maximum power onto target with each strike.
    couple that with focus on nads eyes throat whatever and you have a great tactical fighting system. That is why it is a bodygaurd style.

hand gernades, uzi, forcefield, horse-stance judo kicks after spending weeks in the woods with a mysterious master.
    Bless you

jesus.

a good prayer should do the trick.
    where's my beer?

Jesus never went anywhere w/o a posse.

suicide bomb
    Bless you