Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Effective MA Style for Multiple Attackers?

Very few schools actually address "multiple-opponents" in any sort of actual training manner. Lip service at best.

http://www.army.mil/usapa/doctrine/Active_FM.html

I think 21-150 is the unarmed combat manual with probably the best lined-out tactics for multiple-opponent training that you can find on the net.

Some decent videos and chat can be found on the systema/rma websites and lots of stuff at Demi barbitos place (and links too i think..) www.demibarbito.com

I doubt that any of us train multiple opponents with any frequency.

strike!

Blog Entries
    in traditional martial arts, i personally would have to say aside from the individual making the system work for him, Choy Lee Fut is one of the only systems that was geared for fighting multiple attackers. at our school alot of our drills focus on striking more than one opponent simultaneously.

as most people should know, Choy Lee Fut was created in time of war and only the best and most effective was kept.

but in the end, i still say it the individual.

hsk

Blog Entries
    in traditional martial arts, i personally would have to say aside from the individual making the system work for him, Choy Lee Fut is one of the only systems that was geared for fighting multiple attackers. at our school alot of our drills focus on striking more than one opponent simultaneously.

as most people should know, Choy Lee Fut was created in time of war and only the best and most effective was kept.

but in the end, i still say it the individual.

hsk

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi
    Very few schools actually address "multiple-opponents" in any sort of actual training manner. Lip service at best.

http://www.army.mil/usapa/doctrine/Active_FM.html

I think 21-150 is the unarmed combat manual with probably the best lined-out tactics for multiple-opponent training that you can find on the net.

Some decent videos and chat can be found on the systema/rma websites and lots of stuff at Demi barbitos place (and links too i think..) www.demibarbito.com

I doubt that any of us train multiple opponents with any frequency.

about the only lip service we practice is fat lip service, we actually put fighters in the ring against 2 early then work their way up to three it builds the strongest endurance as well as the most alert fighters. i just assumed every one did this. I know it comes out of old northern styles such as those taught in wutang, but i would never generalize and think that few are doing it or that it is just a passing thing. We hold it up as a goal to be able to hold ouw own with multiples

Greetings,

The very best style is RUNNING. If one suddenly catches up with you, it is suddenly a one on one situation and you have to dispatch punishment quickly (like a strike to the eye, throat or groin) and continue to run. Scream for help... scream "HELP... GANG RAPE" if you have to. And keep running.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Brazilian Jujitsu....just hope that nobody's wearing steel toed work boots.

Thumbs up

fu pow are you saying in a fight say one vs five that the one guy should got to the ground to use bjj because to me that sounds crazy.

Blog Entries
    yeah fu pow is that what you're saying?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viper
    fu pow are you saying in a fight say one vs five that the one guy should got to the ground to use bjj because to me that sounds crazy.
    Nah...actually I'm saying the opposite....sarcastically.

Lol I can see how it works perfectily

Me and my friends drunk and debating
    ChinoXL: Hey Let's Jump Fu-Pow!!
    As Fu Pow is walking down the street he heard ChinoXL and watched ChinoXL and his friends approach him; he knows it's going to hit the fan
    Fu-Pow: Fu-Pow STaNCE~!!
    friend 1: O **** he knows kung fu!!
    friend 2: there's 5 of us chicken!!
    friend 1: O right..
    Now Fu pow stares at 5 of his attackers and think this is it; I have to hit first with all the kung-fu I trained or I'm going to be dead.. wait I can run but no.. that'll make me a chicken.. OKAY THIS IS IT!!
    *Fu-Pow does a double leg take down on friend 1 and attempts a armbar*
    ChinoXL: SHAOLIN SOCCER TIME!!
    *Fu-Pow is knocked out and lost a wallet and cell and is toothless AND pi$$ed on kung fu hustle style*
    Lesson of the day grapple on 1on1 not 5on1 & stick with choy lay fut x]
    Last edited by ChinoXL; 11-14-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Man that was like fu-pow the text adventure lol,

You see 5 guys approaching, what do you do next :
    >USE BRAZILIAN JUJITSU
    As you get gang raped you realise this is a competition 1 on 1 style that usually takes 20 minutes in the ring to fend off one attacker.
    LOAD / RESTART

> LOAD

You see 5 guys approaching, what do you do next :
    >USE KUNG FU

You wonder which style to use as you see the guys getting closer :
    >USE Choy lay fut

As you fend off all the attackers you start to wonder why this style isnt used in the ufc, as you look around you see 5 bodies laying around you and feel glad having retained your anal virginity, what do you do next :

Hi all...

I agree any style can be used on multiple attackers... Even BJJ, just their has to be realistic tactics...

I do not believe goin to the floor to be one, or putting your back to be another...

We also train sparring 2 on 1 or 3 on 1, sometime 4 on 1...

If you have done this, you know no technique can save you as much as the element of surprise and position...

In these scenarios striking from a distance to me is more favorable... And yes running is very wise too once you can...

I was jumped by 4-5 guys, and if weren't for the swing strikes I used (swinging backfist follwed by straight punch with opposite hand, and swinging close lines... I would have not made it out in such good condition... A black eye and busted lip...

Staying close is not a good idea, so I would forget elbows unless you wind up that close... Keep one of them in between you blocking the others off...

But the best defense is to be more aware of whats goin on so you dont end up in this situation... It really does suck...

Joe

Blog Entries
    Dear ChinoXL and WongFeiHong,

While I give you 10 points for hilarity of content, I think you guys missed my point. I think you may find the following information enlightening:

Main Entry: sar·casm
    Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 11-15-2005 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior

Only the best and most effective 200+ forms were kept, huh? How many did they throw away while stream-lining, 1,000?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.