Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Everything you didn't want to know about Chuck Norris and probably never asked.

Chuck Norris doesn't listen to music, music listens to Chuck Norris.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

If you look back far enough in your family tree, Chuck Norris appears at least three times.

Chuck Norris can strangle you with a cordless phone.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Chuck Norris doesn't get frostbite; Chuck Norris bites frost.

for all you chuck norris fans

for all you hard core chuck norris fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2Zf9tlg2Y

Ha! Funny!

To many funnies!

It's a good thing they are from different centuries because I'm pretty sure if their beards ever collided it would be the end of the universe as we know it.

Chuck Norris vs. Communism

Follow the link and watch the vid.
    ‘VHS vs. Communism’
    FEB. 17, 2014

VIDEO|6:42
    VHS vs. Communism
    In Communist Romania in the 1980s, a young translator became an unlikely voice of freedom. She illicitly dubbed thousands of foreign films, distributed on VHS tapes, turning B-movie stars into heroes.
    Op-Docs
    By ILINCA CALUGAREANU

I was raised in Romania in the 1980s, under a Communist regime that, among countless repressions, reduced television to two hours a day of dull propaganda, traditional music, patriotic poems and censored films. One day when I was 6, my parents found a way to borrow a VCR. They invited their friends, and all night they watched grainy VHS tapes of Hollywood B-movies. I remember the films, but more so I remember how I felt when I stepped into the living room — like walking into a secret, magical and free world.

All the dialogue on these movies was dubbed into Romanian in a husky, high-pitched woman’s voice. Throughout my childhood, these films provided a glimpse into the forbidden West, resplendent with blue jeans, Coke and skyscrapers. As Hollywood movies became ubiquitous through the black market, this voice became one of the most recognizable in Romania. Yet no one knew who she was.

After the 1989 revolution I learned the true story, which I present here in this Op-Doc video. In 1985, Irina Margareta Nistor, a young translator at the national television station, met a mysterious entrepreneur. He was smuggling, copying and distributing movies on VHS tapes. This was the beginning of a working relationship that lasted more than a decade. In all, Ms. Nistor says she dubbed more than 3,000 different films. Thanks to her, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Bruce Lee became popular heroes in Romania.

In a time when the Romanian state controlled every aspect of its citizens’ lives -- including food, heat, transportation and information -- people found a way to escape and resist the state’s far-reaching hand, through the power of movies.

Ilinca Calugareanu is a London-based Romanian documentary filmmaker. She studied documentary filmmaking at Manchester’s Granada Center for Visual Anthropology. This Op-Doc video is adapted from an upcoming feature-length documentary, “Chuck Norris vs. Communism.”

Op-Docs is a forum for short, opinionated documentaries, produced with creative latitude by independent filmmakers and artists. Learn more about Op-Docs and how to submit to the series.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Happy 74th Birthday Chuck Norris!

Posted 4 vidclips in honor of Chuck Norris 74th bday!

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2014/03...ck-norris.html

Happy Birthday Chuck! Many, many more to come!

Enjoy!

HBD75 Chuck!

Chuck Norris turns 75: How the martial arts movie star became a cult legend in the age of internet memes
    Sorting out the facts from the #ChuckNorrisFacts
    Antonia Molloy Author Biography
    Tuesday 10 March 2015

Chuck Norris celebrates his 75th birthday today - and the American martial artist, actor, film producer, screenwriter and author has certainly crammed lot into his seven and a half decades.

Norris has gained a reputation for being totally "kick-*ss", winning global karate competitions and starring alongside the likes of Bruce Lee.

Along the way he has become the internet's icon of unbridled masculinity, inspiring a series of satirical factoids known as Chuck Norris "facts".

But he has also elicited controversy with some of his politically conservative views.

Here’s a look back of some of Norris' achievements over the years and the values that have shaped his world:

Martial arts
    After serving in the United States Air Force, Norris rose to fame as a martial artist.

He was a six-time undefeated World Professional Middle Weight Karate Champion. In 1997 he became the first man from the western hemisphere to be awarded an eighth degree Black Belt Grand Master ranking in the tradition of Tae Kwon Do, which dates back more than 4,500 years.

He founded the Chun Kuk Do style in 1990, which loosely translates from the Korean as "The Universal Way".

Norris is also the founder and chairman of the United Fighting Arts Federation.

Film and TV
    Norris has appeared in 23 films, including Delta Force, Code of Silence and Missing in Action. He also appeared alongside Bruce Lee in a number of action flicks, such as Way of the Dragon.

He played the lead in television series Walker, Texas Ranger, which ran from 1993 to 2001.

Books
    Norris has written several books, including Black Belt Patriotism: How to Reawaken America and the autobiographical Against All Odds.

A devout Christian, he has also authored religious-themed titles such as The Justice Riders.

Responding to the host of fan-composed "facts" floating around online, in 2009 Norris published The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book, which contains 101 of his favourite facts and stories.

Conservatism
    Norris supports the National Rifle Association (NRA), which defends US citizens' right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Despite his huge fan base, he has been criticised widely for opposing same-sex marriage after he voiced his support for California Proposition 8, which temporarily banned same-sex marriage in the state. It was ruled unconstitutional in 2010.

And in a 2008 column for WorldNetDaily, Norris said he did not believe the Day of Silence should be marked in schools. This is the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Educations Network's (GLSEN) annual day of action to protest against the bullying of LGBT students and their supporters.

"Is encouraging or teaching about ****sexuality what our forefathers expected for the public education they founded? Even the most liberal among them opposed it," Norris wrote.

He added: "I do believe that we should equally and adamantly oppose such aberrant sexual behavior from being condoned or commemorated in our public schools through textbooks or a so-called 'Day of Silence'."

#ChuckNorrisFacts

I remember seeing Breaker! Breaker! in the theaters when it opened. I never imagined that Norris would amount to what he has become.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Chuck Norris' real age is 6389, he only looks 75.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Black Belt Patriotism

How many of you have kept up with Chuck's WND column?

Jade Helm 15, Crime Stoppers and KSK
    Exclusive: Chuck Norris reminds Americans to never check brains at government's door
    Published: 2 days ago

Chuck Norris is the star of more than 20 films and the long-running TV series "Walker, Texas Ranger." His latest book is entitled The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book." Learn more about his life and ministry at his official website, ChuckNorris.com.

Benjamin Franklin said, “Distrust and caution are the parents of security.” He also said, “Security without liberty is called prison.” Both apply to what I want to share with you today in my culture warrior column.

Last Friday evening in Houston, my wife, Gena, and I were overjoyed to host the 22nd annual gala for our foundation, KICKSTART KIDS, or KSK, which seeks to build character through karate in students in Texas public middle schools. We were equally honored to have as our special guests at the event Texas Gov. and Mrs. Gregg Abbott and Marcus Luttrell, a former United States Navy SEAL who received the Navy Cross and Purple Heart for his actions in June 2005 facing Taliban fighters during Operation Redwing. It was an amazing night and gala!

On behalf of KICKSTART KIDS, we are doubly blessed this May also to be receiving the 2015 Safe School Crime Stoppers Award, an award given to any individual or group that has made a significant contribution towards keeping schools safe and enhancing education. What an honor it is, too!

Speaking of awesome patriotic fighting machines, Crime Stoppers USA is the national Crime Stoppers organization that spans the United States to create a network of local programs that work together to prevent and solve crimes in communities and schools across the nation, as its official website explains.

You can fight right where you are by supporting or joining the local Crime Stoppers organization in your area by visiting its website. You can even submit crime tips and review top criminals in the U.S. there. And if you want further training, then attend its 5th Annual Training Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, on Aug. 16-19, 2015, where stimulating and productive training classes are offered.

As I think about Crime Stoppers, Gov. Abbott, and former Navy SEAL Luttrell, I am reminded again of how true patriots need to continue to fight for freedom wherever we are. At 75 years old, I’m still fighting. If you’re reading this column, odds are you are, too.

Chuck Norris provides real solutions to our county’s problems and a way to reawaken the American dream in his best-seller, “Black Belt Patriotism.”

While out on a run in 1984, Gov. Abbot was struck by a falling oak tree that crippled his legs for life but not his heart, mind and passion. He not only went on to become attorney general for the Lone Star State but also its 48th and current governor.

In announcing his candidacy in July 2013, Gov. Abbott’s true grit showed when he said, “Some politicians talk about having a steel spine. I actually have one. I will use my steel spine to fight for Texas values every single day.“ He’s led a life of perseverance to prove it.

Last week, I laughed as some progressives in the mainstream media tried to mock Gov. Abbott for telling the Texas State Guard to monitor the Pentagon’s Jade Helm 15 military ops that are occurring this summer in seven states, including California and Texas.

If you haven’t heard about Jade Helm 15, you need to. It is multi-state training mission for special operations soldiers scheduled over an eight-week period in July and August, with most of the activity happening on private property but some public, too. The official website press release from March 24 admits: “While multi-state training exercises such as these are not unique to the military, the size and scope of Jade Helm sets this one apart.”

Gov. Abbot was right in writing Maj. Gen. Gerald Betty, “During the training operation, it is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed.” Abbott is demanding “regular updates on the progress and safety of the Operation.”

Concerned Texans and Americans are in no way calling into question our brave and courageous men and women in uniform. They are merely following orders. What’s under question are those who are pulling the strings at the top of Jade Helm 15 back in Washington. The U.S. government says, “It’s just a training exercise.” But I’m not sure the term “just” has any reference to reality when the government uses it.

“Well, I’m not trusting what we’re being told,” said Mike Hightower, an affable antique store owner and real-estate agent in the very small town of Smithville, Texas, where some Jade Helm 15 exercises will take place. He added, “I think there’s something a little more involved than what they’re telling us.”

If Washington wants to cool the embers of controversy, then it should quit stoking the fire, as with the posting of a map of Jade Helm 15 “just” exercises that label some areas of the country, including Texas, as “hostile,” according to KHOU 11 News in Houston and verified by the Washington Post.

I have an idea: If the government insists on running expanded military ops across seven Southwest states, why doesn’t it move all that “military training” south and protect our borders at the same time?!

Whatever Jade Helm 15 actually is, I think it is more than coincidental that the FBI director just confessed in February that the presence of ISIS can be felt in all 50 states of the U.S. and that the Pentagon is suddenly running its biggest military training exercise with every branch of the military across seven Southwestern states. Whether deterrence, display of power or something more covert or devious, let’s not come with any patronizing nonsense of impotence and simplicity when its origin is in Washington.

I’m glad Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is asking the tough questions of the Pentagon about Jade Helm 15, particularly because its “exercises” come too near to my ranch’s backdoor as well, at least according to the map. It’s pretty sad and bad when major military ops are ordered in a large, fiery state like Texas and not even the governor or its senators know the specifics.

It’s neither over-reactionary nor conspiratorial to call into question or ask for transparency about Jade Helm 15 or any other government activity. To those who merely think we should check our brains at the door of the White House and trust what the government does, I would reiterate to you the words of one of our government’s primary founders, Benjamin Franklin, who said, “Distrust and caution are the parents of security.” Again, he also said, “Security without liberty is called prison.” But then again, I’m sure some today would accuse Franklin of being conspiratorial, too!

As a friend, a law-abiding and loyal retired California Highway Patrol officer, said to me, “In God We Trust; all others we search.” Or as the maxim President Reagan cited, “Trust but verify.”

Friends, when it comes to freedom, we must question, verify and vet everyone and everything. As Thomas Jefferson told his nephew, Peter, in 1787: “Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.”

We must never check our brains or blindly trust, especially the government. Rather, we must fight until our dying breaths for liberty, especially when it appears those in power are trying to knock down Old Glory.

Former Navy SEAL Luttrell couldn’t have said it better: “I will never quit. My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Didn't know he had a column.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Greetings,

The use of military to protect our borders?

Isn't this guy part Apache? And to everything he said, isn't this guy part Apache?

mickey

Whole place is proud of him and right there with him too.
    It's pretty hard to convince Americans that some of the things we see are in any national best interest of any kind.

Ok...?

"Greetings,
    The use of military to protect our borders?
    Isn't this guy part Apache? And to everything he said, isn't this guy part Apache?"

Uh...Indians do not have a history with moslums because they exterminate them where ever they go. (Haha fkng DUH)
    And I believe considering native history with federal gov. He was saying watch both.
    They are executing indians in juarez so kimosabe seem better choice right now.

It is funny the magazine imagination versus the desert border reality. Come down? Be some savage's bowel movement?
    We just sent scumlam a message:
    Name:  11150690_10206312039736884_7900652444606592422_n.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  11057475_10206996098689499_7734369108511425042_n.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  55.7 KB
    Last edited by curenado; 05-06-2015 at 07:41 AM.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

UnitedHealthcare Commercial 2017 Chuck Norris Lunch with Chuck

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips