Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about specific brands of jow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    OK thanks for the info...

Correct me if I am wrong here but liniments such as these have always fallen into 2 categories: Oil based and Alcohol based.

Is there gear effective or not?

Have not heard of the issue of "Rubbing Alcohol/Isopropyl Alcohol as it breaks down into acetone in the liver" before???
    Not only using isopropyl as a liniment but smelling the fumes can cause acetone production. Not good. Anything with rubbing alcohol is NOT to be used and usually means people are using rubbing alcohol to get around ethanol laws in their state.

Blue Poppy also uses isopropyl as their solvent in their liniments. Do not use them.

They will cause you harm over time.

Traditional Buddhist liniments were made with Black Vinegar.

Buddhists would not use wine.

OK thanks very much for the info...

You would have to be using ALOT of liniment to get these negative health issues though no???

There are more ingredients than just the rubbing alcohol in a formula - its not straight rubbing alcohol undiluted...
    It would be a percentage as the carrier/base for the formula 14% - 20% for example...
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 04-24-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Just a follow up on this for people looking at liniments/jows for training from Oriental Herb.Com

I ordered some out of curiosity to check the quality.

In a nutshell forget it - these formulas are watered WAY down. You would get more benefit from something straight off the shelf like Zheng Gui Shui by a mile. Not even close to the mark these formulas need to be at.

Save your cash and look elsewhere