Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheongsam/long robe

cheongsam/long robe

Does anyone know a good source to find a long robe/cheongsam for men? I found one at asianideas.com, but does anyone know if they're any good? Or where else can I get an "authentic" long robe?

jonie uniforms
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Thanks for the response (although mysteriously vague). These are more expensive, but are they better or just over priced? I've encountered the most bad online shopping experiences since i started buying from martial arts supplies stores. I'm trying to avoid the rip off/knock off/flea market/swanky online market place stores. I was just recently screwed by Wing Lam Enterprises.

Jonie Uniforms is quality stuff. Maybe a little pricey, but good quality.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I don't see how it's vague, but whatever. You're welcome.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Why not just wear a dress?

Wing Lam is my former company

I was just recently screwed by Wing Lam Enterprises.
    Explain that, ZhuiQuan, please.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Never had enough nerves to buy one and wear it but if you do buy one let me know the quality. I'm having second thoughts now that I'm older and dumber.

Go here:

http://www.orienttouch.com/product_i...roducts_id=808

sorry to sidetrack but gene i ordered from wing lam about 8 years ago so i probably ordered when you were in charge and i must admit they were the only place online you could get really good rarer books from the east, i was always happy with them, until i managed to buy 1 of each of the books they were offering

http://www.jonieuniforms.com/

Second for Jonie Uniforms.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart
    I don't see how it's vague, but whatever. You're welcome.
    Your message said nothing but the website address. That's why I said it was vague.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Explain that, ZhuiQuan, please.
    I ordered "feiyue" shoes and a xiangqi set. The shoes were nothing like the feiyue's I have now. The soles were hard and flat, not soft and flexible. The fit was different too. I'm assuming they were knockoffs. Unless any company can use the phrase "feiyue". The chess set cost about $18, it was very cheaply made, the wood was very airy and brittle, the characters were sloppy, the ink was bleeding and the top layer of the board was already separating from the bottom. When I bought from Wing Lam I felt like I bought stuff from some trashy knick-knack store. That was just my experience.

Keep in mind that nothing looks tackier than a gwai lo in a 17th century scholars robe from China.

It looks even worse if you have a mullet.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Smile the best place

here is a link of a company that responds very fast with great pricing and good chinese clothing
    http://asianideas.com/menscheongsam.html
    James
    yes i have bought from these guys several items

Eh... could've swore I typed in a web address.

Well if you're not too keen on the mail order, you can always roll down to Mott Street in Chinatown to Bok Lei Po to buy hands on. If they don't have them, I'm sure they can direct you to somebody who does or maybe even a tailor who will hook you up something hand made... for the right price.

There are a lot of feiyue knockoffs

I addressed the issue of feiyue knockoffs in the infomercial I did on it a while ago. Knock offs are a huge problem in Chinese products, of course. I can't comment on the chessboards since that product came in after my watch was over. As for the books, I was really into bookbuying for a while - my wife worked for Sierra Club books, so I went to ABA a lot back then. Anyway, thanks for the comments.

I've been trying to develop a nice 'fighting' cheongsam for a while here - it's a backburner project, but I would be interested in any comments about what works and what doesn't for those of you who've actually used them for training. I've already made a note: no mullets.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart