Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: surprise surprise, chemical weapons found in Iraq.

Canada has no military might, we also have a small population comparatively (10% of the us) and little money. We also frequently lack the political will to do much more than pay lip service to the woes of the world and hold emergency debate sessions when something goes wrong.

still, the glass ceiling exists here as it does in your country. And no, it is not the fault of someones heritage, it is the fault of the social construct that favours one over another with equal merit.

Most times, John Smith will get hired before mohammed Fariq does in a lot of cases even if Mohammed has better qualifications. That's a quirk of NA society. it is indeed a little harder to tell depending which end of teh stick you have been handed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal1
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure taking civilian hostages(who are there to help) and cutting their heads off on camera is against the geneva convention. I could be wrong though you might want to research it. lol Why do people(liberals) only focus on the US? When there are so many other ****ant, dictator lead, human rights violating country's in the world? Don't give me that higher standard double standard crap either.
    Good point but if we (the US) are going to talk the talk. Then we should walk the walk. This isn't higher/double standard crap. It's called having morals and values. And having the balls to stick to those morals or values when the sh!t hits the fan.

Also, my mom always said "two wrongs don't make a right".

It's funny how people (conservatives) don't care who they step on, violate, invade or kill all in the interest of doing what they "think" is right. Without even considering the minute possibility that they just might be wrong.

We could go on and on about this but the truth is people aren't perfect and neither are countries or political systems. We can only hope that in the future there will be more talking and less shaking and baking.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    Canada has no military might, we also have a small population comparatively (10% of the us) and little money. We also frequently lack the political will to do much more than pay lip service to the woes of the world and hold emergency debate sessions when something goes wrong.
    That's my point. You make a lot more mistakes and develop schizophrenic/hypocritical policies when you are so involved/invested in global politics for a couple of hundred years. Two wrongs may not make a right, but if you are the only one playing by the rules how often will you win the game? If you lose, then who will look after human rights (as skewed as it is, it's better than nothing.) Like it or not, the world is a lesser of evils. America isn't a Utopia, but it's better than the alternatives even with all its faults which are so often pointed out by those who aren't in the same position as the U.S.

Oh God, I'm starting to sound like Col Jessup from "A Few Good Men."

"You live under the blanket of security that I provide and then question my means of providing it."

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Before I get accused of being a war-hawk let me say one thing:

I think Bush should have been impeached for shoving the false pretenses for this war down our throats. I hate that we are in this mess. But I think that we made the mess and we need to find a way to fix it, to safeguard the lifes of the soliders, and to preserve American security.

*Climbs off soap-box*
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey
    Greetings,

Considering the flack Bush has gotten from the public and his peers, I would not be surprised if he had Cheney mail drop some chemical weapons over there via FedEx.

This was too conveniently timed.

mickey
    You didn't read the article. WE (the US) were the ones using the chemicals.

When the taliban was was hiding in their bunkers, we would flush them out with the White Phosphorous and then drop Napalm on them when they came out. They called it the "Shake and Bake".

JP, you're right. The "two wrongs don't make a right" argument totally works when it's two kids beating each other up. But maybe not so much when it comes to international politics.

I would still like to see more discussion at the international level and less blowing people up.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Thumbs down eh

In the latest poll 38% of Canadians felt Bush was more dangerous to world security than Osama bin Laden.
    http://www.canada.com/national/natio...b-18c28af1bba2

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    I would still like to see more discussion at the international level and less blowing people up.
    I can agree with that. I agreed with going into Afghanistan, but strongly disagreed with Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by shrub
    In the latest poll 38% of Canadians felt Bush was more dangerous to world security than Osama bin Laden.
    http://www.canada.com/national/natio...b-18c28af1bba2
    That's because Usama is a dirt eating whacko nutjob with no access to real firepower and Bush is a whacko nutjob with plenty of access to real firepower.

ergo, Bush is more dangerous, but the level of lunacy in both is equal.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah but who would win in a cage match?

in a cage match i'd have to give it to george.

why? because usama is gimped up after being bombed in afghanistan so his arm is out of the equation. Plus he doesn't seem to exercises regularly as W does, he's a little gaunbt and underfed looking.

so for stamina and overall resilience, George in the 3rd round by submission.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

George also has the ability to use the power of cocaine to stop him from feeling pain and fatigue.

[QUOTE
    Oh God, I'm starting to sound like Col Jessup from "A Few Good Men."

"You live under the blanket of security that I provide and then question my means of providing it."

[/QUOTE]

And what's wrong with that JP? In actuality, as a former Marine grunt, Col. Jessup was 100% correct in what he done. What, ship this obvious weak link to another unit so he could possibly get someone else killed?

Anyway, as far as this convo, I would agree on ONE thing, I don't believe Bush should have troops there. Why? Because he's bowed down to the weak poltical left and is basically half-a$$ed doing the job.

If he wants to correct the situation, throw out the media, and let's really get it on. So, you want to hide in your mosque? Fine, we'll just DESTROY your entire city along with it. Quit pu$$yfooting around already, kill'em all. You cut off one of our guys' head, fine, we'll bury each and every one of you with pig guts in your graves and ensure you don't go to "heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead101
    And what's wrong with that JP? In actuality, as a former Marine grunt, Col. Jessup was 100% correct in what he done. What, ship this obvious weak link to another unit so he could possibly get someone else killed?

Anyway, as far as this convo, I would agree on ONE thing, I don't believe Bush should have troops there. Why? Because he's bowed down to the weak poltical left and is basically half-a$$ed doing the job.

If he wants to correct the situation, throw out the media, and let's really get it on. So, you want to hide in your mosque? Fine, we'll just DESTROY your entire city along with it. Quit pu$$yfooting around already, kill'em all. You cut off one of our guys' head, fine, we'll bury each and every one of you with pig guts in your graves and ensure you don't go to "heaven."
    100k dead civs ain't enough for you?

the fact that the mighty us attacked a country that was on it's knees from 12 years of sanctions and captured their tin and useless dictator?

Are there others like saddam in the region? pick a country, any country, they're all dictators with horrendous records of violations against human rights almost to a man.

Did Iraq fly planes into american buildings? nope.
    Are they sponsors of AlQ? nope. AlQ is new in the area filling the void created by the power vacuum.
    Did Iraq have wmd? Only those that the states sold them back in the 80's apparently and they used most of that before destroying the rest so they could get that whole food for oil thing going.

kill em all? yeah, that's a solution just like hitler's
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, it's obvious you know everything. No wmd's, Iraq had nothing to do with 911, Iraq never supported ALQ....geez, why do we even need the CIA when all they have to do is come ask you? Tsk, tsk, hopefully you'll let us in on who REALLY shot Kennedy soon.

Your deflection of my pointing out your ignorance is weak young skywalker. Now pick up a newspaper and read it once in a while. You are such a badass!
    Kung Fu is good for you.