Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Shuai-shou?

Styles

Master Yang has alot of Pm. I have trained 7* ba bu Shuai shou mei hua, and through Master Sun De Yao (and company from Qing Dao) Tai ji mei Hua and six harmony (although the last one i have done very little do to its softness and my decidedly Baji flavor). The Wutang Greats Like Master Yang Wong Ma Su Tsou Hsu, Findley etc etc. all have a large compliment of Pm and tend to teach toward the Students Ability. (at least as far as i have seen). These men teach what they feel is right in most cases. For example Master Yang has said many times that & star is great for a little guy (me) so i got a huge compliment of these techniques and applications. However he feels you should speak them all so i learned others as well. According to him in my memory Shaui Shou is out of the 7* Format originally. the modifications came out of the fast flowing attacks of 7*.
    Remember though this school (Wutang/ tan) is huge, and there are alot of different takes but they all meet the minds on many issues which even today causes the meeting of the minds on many different issues. To me, it is amazing that these men can work as well together as they do. Gm Liu must have been quite the man to attract such quality characters.

Sifu Darkfist

I hope you can get to the tournament in Asheville NC in Feb. It would be nice to meet. I`d like to see shuai shou tanglang.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

tourney

We are in the process of discussion of attending currently and so far it seems favorable. God my time has been very little, i havent even seen my own master in weeks and it kills me to be away. Of course we all know how busy life is. Maybe i might be able to bring a Brother or two as well?

as far as meeting me, lol im not that impressive i am very short and trollish looking lol, but i love people and i love to train really hard, many of my students are much more impressive than i. But thank you
    Last edited by Sifu Darkfist; 11-18-2005 at 09:20 AM.

love people and love to train hard... sounds like good ingredients for a teacher to me.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Darkfist, does your Shuai-shou make use of the hand position I described earlier in which the the index and ring fingers are raised above the others? Just curious.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

hands

hmm i dont supose you could take a pick of the hands for me because im just not sure of the context in which you speak? mantis claws? fighting stance? strikes?

hands

hmm i dont suppose you could take a pick of the hands for me because im just not sure of the context in which you speak? mantis claws? fighting stance? strikes?

hands

hmm i dont suppose you could take a pic of the hands for me because im just not sure of the context in which you speak? mantis claws? fighting stance? strikes?

hands

hmm i dont suppose you could take a pic of the hands for me because im just not sure of the context in which you speak? mantis claws? fighting stance? strikes?

Put a chopstick or pencil over your middle finger and pinky but under your index and ring fingers. Remove the chopstick without moving your fingers and you've basically got the position I'm talking about. The wrists are bent, but the thumb is more splayed than the usual diao-shou. You're supposed to be able to use this position to perform dianxue-like strikes by pinching meridians between the index and ring fingers.

upload

here is the pick of hands i use

But that is just the regular PM diao-shou, correct? Is there not another hand position specific to Shuai-shou? Is the Shuai-shou you practice a part of 7*? I had thought it was an advanced form of Chang-quan PM, but Chang-quan PM is apparently just an amalgam of Meihua and 7*? Does not Shuai-shou have its own set of taolu? You say you do some Shuai-shou in your demonstration, but shouldn't it be a shuai-shou set or not? If not, what makes what you do in the form "shuai-shou" specifically? Is not a Shuai-shou a substyle all its own as opposed to a type of move like gou-lou-cai?

Good morning

yes yes yes and yes, no Just kidding. As an applications focused teacher the only concentration on internal power i use is fajing or chi in strikes throws etc. I do not know accupuncture and do not have the time to learn it nor do i wish to. so as far meridian pinching and complicated techniques such as this im afraid i will not be much help.
    As far as my demonstration, thats just it it is my demonstration so i did mix it up and i had fun.
    Shuai Shou that i was taught only has 3 forms and yes it could be considered a sub style (although i dont consider it) because other than the emphasis on whipping arms, power generation and now the Mysterious meridian thing i fail to see a great big difference in it and 7 star.
    it sounds like you are from the same area of the world as my master so the lineage should be real easy for you to document. I will tell you that some of the advanced forms in our system are heavily influenced by other styles its all very complicated. If you can sort it out let me know, all i know is what im told until i get a chance to research more (i am planning to do this when i get old) i only have time to train now.

Hi Darkfist

Could you tell us the name of the the 3 forms?

Thanks

hmmm

your gonna make me make a fool of myself in an attempt to spell these things?
    ok here it doesnt go Zai Que, cha chuan, tang lang hand? thats the best i can do guys i can say them but god help me i cant spell em.
    James