Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw Elite Championships

Tiger Claw Elite Championships

In 2006, we a debuting a new championships event. You'll see 'official' news releases here. There's more information on the Tiger Claw site and there will be a new site specifically for this at www.tigerclawelite.com soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Tiger Claw Elite Rankings and Profiles

You'll find the rankings established in our first qualifier at Disneyland posted online now. You'll also find our profiles section is just starting to come together. Check it out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Discussion on SportMartialArts.com

There's been some discussion of the TCEC on another forum. I'm linking this here just so we don't get redundant questions, although I'd much rather take up the discussion here since I'm on this forum more (obviously).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Rocky Mountain National Challenge Open Championship - April 7th & 8ths

Our next Tiger Claw Elite Championship Qualifier will be held on April 7th & 8th, 2006 at the Rocky Mountain National Challenge Open Championships. It'll be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center, 2415 Washington Blvd. Ogden, Utah. For more information, call Carlos M. Ferrer (801) 295-9274.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Free Elite Uniforms!

Create your personal profile for free, and then register online for an upcoming Tiger Claw Elite Championships Qualifier, and you can receive a Elite Uniform from Tiger Claw. It's just special perk from the Tiger Claw Elite Championships!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

not bad gene kinda what we are doing over at http://www.mma.tv/ranked
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Utah Results & Santa Clara this weekend

The results for the Rocky Mountain National Challenge Open Championships in Ogden, Utah on April 7th & 8th are now posted in the Past Events section of our Tiger Claw Elite site.

We hope to see all of you this weekend at the Ultimate Internationals in Santa Clara, CA, May 5-6, 2006!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Enter to win a Limited Edition Warm Up Suit!

As a special incentive, every 1st place finisher in any of the Tiger Claw Elite Championship Qualifying events at the Ultimate Internationals this Saturday will receive a special limited edition Tiger Claw Elite – Ultimate Internationals Warm Up Suit! This is part of a cooperative deal with Ray and Debbie Delgado, promoters of the Ultimate Internationals, and is only taking place at this qualifier. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Come say 'hi' at the Ultimate Internationals

I'll personally be at the Ultimate Internationals this weekend, so come say 'hi' if you see me. I always enjoy meeting forum members face-to-face. I'll be there Saturday for the Tiger Claw Elite qualifiers.

Man, I'm just talking to myself here so I can ttt this above the Able/Browning flame war. What an odd permuation of that thread...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

alright, one more day of ttt-ing this

This may be the only Tiger Claw Elite event I attend this year since it's the only local one. The Ultimate Internationals start today. Tomorrow is the Elite Division. Hope to see you there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Alright, I've been slack here on this one

Several Tiger Claw Elite Qualifiers have passed and I've totally forgot to update this. Here are some photos:
    Ultimate Internationals, Santa Clara, CA, May 5-6, 2006: photos
    Western Wyoming Championship, Green River, WY, May 20, 2006: photos
    San Diego Grand International, San Diego, CA, May 20-21, 2006: photos
    Long Beach Karate Internationals, Long Beach, CA, July 28-30, 2006: photos
    US Capitol Classics, Washington, D.C., August 11-13, 2006: photos
    Ka Open / La Sheriff's Cup, Los Angeles, CA, September 9, 2006: photos coming

For all the results, click here.

This weekend is the final prequalifier: Kick/USA State Championship, Boca Raton, FL, September 15-16, 2006

Then everyone rests for a month until the Championships: Disney's Martial Arts Festival Qualifier, Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex, Orlando, FL. October 26-29, 2006

Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Do a lot of people have time and money to go to events like this all the time?

Must be a lot of rich people doing these things. ???

If you're dedicated, money is no object

And if you're good, you can find money. We even have a special Tiger Claw Elite Championship Fund for our leading champions - see our charitable branch at www.TigerClawFoundation.org.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So that chick gets paid for being young and cute and doing martial arts? Dang ...

"“We learn poise and presentation, and how to get over stage fright,” said Nicole, a Discovery Bay resident and sop****re at Liberty High School. At age 14, she stands 5'8" and has blossomed competitively in the last two years, even though she’s always had a flair for center stage. Modeling since age 4, she also sings, acts, water skis, plays piano and dances at Expressions Dance Company in Brentwood. "

Something isn't right about this. I mean, her parents obviously pay a lot of $ so she can do these things.

It seems like a charitable foundation should be giving stuff to underprivileged kids or something.

Okay, I need to stop complaining. Anyway, that's pretty cool ... 14 and already more accomplished than I am at over 30. LOL
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-15-2006 at 12:53 PM.

That chick

Actually, we're not paying Nicole Gerry any cash. We did donate some uniforms to her for her work representing martial arts at the teen pageants. Please keep in mind the mission statement of the Tiger Claw Foundation: The Tiger Claw Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to promoting martial artists and assisting martial artists in achieving their goals. If you know any underpriviledged martial arts kids, please let us know.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips