Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guys think this is a good workout for kung fu?

You guys think this is a good workout for kung fu?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    it would look completely different if I did it.
    I mean, not the drills themselves, but the little midfriff tank and the bikini cut sweats.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i watched that clip twice with my tea this morning.

outstanding.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    so inappropriate!

Bailiff! whack his pee pee!!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Zuzana's stuff is really awesome, but there's no real structure to it. It's mostly conditioning with some body-weight strength training involved.

I really curious about your own training schedule, and what you do now, including martial arts. This will make a big difference in terms of what you will need to compliment your current practice.

She looks like an excellent piece of workout equipment....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Zuzana's stuff is really awesome, but there's no real structure to it. It's mostly conditioning with some body-weight strength training involved.

I really curious about your own training schedule, and what you do now, including martial arts. This will make a big difference in terms of what you will need to compliment your current practice.
    *crickets*

Kung Fu is good for you.

*crickets*

haha very funny.

I actually have a subscription to her videos, because a) she's hot, and b)her workouts are cool plus she's hot doing them

We need an emoticon for speechless....

I do like her suspended leg lifts....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    workout what?

hehe she looks like she's carved outta wood.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Very yummy
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post

Well, if you must know, I run a club three days a week. Typical workouts include a 10 minute warmup, followed by 3 two-minute rounds of pummeling drills. Then, we drill partner techniques for about 35 minutes, rotating weekly between a curriculum of submission wrestling, San Shou, and MMA. The last 30 to 40 minutes of class consist of live sparring in whatever format we are training that week: multiple 4-minute wrestling rounds with a 1 minute break; two 3-minute kickboxing rounds with a 1 minute break; or two 3-minute MMA rounds with a 1 minute break. We rotate the sparring round-robin style, so everyone usually gets at least 4 rounds of live work in.

The end of most classes consists of 3 rounds of 6 to 8 Tabata stations (20 seconds of work/10 seconds rest), depending on how many people show up.

On my off days, I run 2 miles and spend about 30 minutes doing some stretching/qiqong.

Occassionally, I'll run through my forms just to keep them up.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Well, if you must know, I run a club three days a week. Typical workouts include a 10 minute warmup, followed by 3 two-minute rounds of pummeling drills. Then, we drill partner techniques for about 35 minutes, rotating weekly between a curriculum of submission wrestling, San Shou, and MMA. The last 30 to 40 minutes of class consist of live sparring in whatever format we are training that week: multiple 4-minute wrestling rounds with a 1 minute break; two 3-minute kickboxing rounds with a 1 minute break; or two 3-minute MMA rounds with a 1 minute break. We rotate the sparring round-robin style, so everyone usually gets at least 4 rounds of live work in.

The end of most classes consists of 3 rounds of 6 to 8 Tabata stations (20 seconds of work/10 seconds rest), depending on how many people show up.

On my off days, I run 2 miles and spend about 30 minutes doing some stretching/qiqong.

Occassionally, I'll run through my forms just to keep them up.
    That's a helluva lot of cardio, how's your conditioning when sparring? Do you get winded, or just muscularly tired? I really think lifting weights would be the best way to go for you. Probably the one dimension that is missing.

Look up Robert dos Remedios, he's had a book out for over 2 years now called Men's Health Power Training. You can also go to his site over at coachdos.com as well.

Wow.
    That made my day...
    A unique snowflake