Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Beijing Olympics

i think it got cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I haven't been in contact with my contemp. wushu friends for the last month or so, but last I read, it's not going to get in. I don't think an officially decision is going to be made until next year or something like that. I'm thinking summer, but I'm not possitive. Check out the http://www.beijingwushuteam.com "debate zone"(name of their forum) for more info.

Anyway, I think the main reason for it not getting in is that they're looking to trim down the number of events in the Olympics, and they would defentiely have to eleminate something anyway to get wushu in.

Originally posted by Baji Brad
    Anyway, I think the main reason for it not getting in is that they're looking to trim down the number of events in the Olympics, and they would defentiely have to eleminate something anyway to get wushu in.
    they could always eliminate badmitten or that sport where you sweep infront of a puck.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

curling...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

We covered in the mag...

...but it got confusing. Here's an e-zine article that addresses it from when Beijing was first announced as host city. Since then, wushu was officially denied. However, China protested, so the IOC said that they would observe how things went at the Asian Games and wushu's status went into some kind of weird twilight zone. The Asian Games went well. They're still talking about the possibility of wushu participating as an event in the Olympics. In fact, it was still on the table at the World Traditional Wushu Festival in China last October. I doubt it will go in as a medal event, but then again, Tae Kwon Do didn't go in as a medal sport - in fact it took 12 years for it to earn medal status. So wushu has a good chance to go in as a demo sport, and that would be fine.

Curling is the winter olympics, which is quite different than the summer games.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah, the winter olympics are still fun to watch.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

All the martial arts are in the summer games...

...although snow ninja wrestling is bidding for a winter game slot. I suppose figure skating was a martial art in the days of Kerrigan/Harding, but not anymore. Seriously, people wouldn't make as much fun of curling if the competitors were dressed like women's beach volleyball.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm speaking from more of the skeleton, luge, ski racing, etc. side of the winter olympics....

But have you seen the woman in that sport... no thanks, I'd rather them stay in there flannel shirts and overalls.
    practice wu de

Olympic handball is the lamest "sport" I've ever seen. It looks lik it was invented by a communist. I wouldn't even let the mentally retarded play that game. Wushu would be way better. You know what's kind of cool though is the trampoline in the gymnastics part. It was th first year they had it last time so it was like chaos.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Originally posted by jun_erh
    Olympic handball is the lamest "sport" I've ever seen. It looks lik it was invented by a communist. I wouldn't even let the mentally retarded play that game. Wushu would be way better. You know what's kind of cool though is the trampoline in the gymnastics part. It was th first year they had it last time so it was like chaos.
    but handball is fun.

I personally think they should remove table tennis, the chinese ALWAYS win at that, they get like 99 % of all the medals in it, they should just get rid of it and put in WuShu. this makes alot of sense to me. trade one garunteed gold for another, that is alot more fun to watch.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

teh stupid sweeping the puck thing they should get rid of!!!

Thumbs down Sweeping the puck!!

Dude ShaolinLueb get rid of handball and keep sweeping the puck it comes from Canada eh!

Re: Sweeping the puck!!

Originally posted by ShaolinJOJO
    Dude ShaolinLueb get rid of handball and keep sweeping the puck it comes from Canada eh!
    sweeping the puck is teh gay. come on basketball was invented by a canadian. be happy